A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's in your paste buffer?

Post 321

Marj

Accommodation: (circle one) Self catering I will be paying £60
Full board I will be paying the minimum fee of £130
For full board:
Diet: (circle one) Omnivore/ Vegetarian / Vegan
Any other dietary requirements (food allergies, hallal or kosher, etc) ______________________
Anything else we need to know eg ground floor room ________________________________

Post 322

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

As I've been working in a certain well known graphics package most of the day-nothing typed.I've been copying and pasting clouds for hours in an attempt to make a cloud brush.Still not got it right.Shame I can't paste them here as I'd really like an opinion about them.Plus it might be rather nice and calming.

Incog smiley - tea

Post 323

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Incog., assuming it's the same well-known graphics package that I use on occasion, the trick is:

1) On the image you're working on, select the area where you want the clouds to go.

2) Load another image, a photograph works best, that's at least as large as the image you're working on. Select all and copy.

3) Click in the title bar of the image you're working on; the selection you made earlier should still be there. Choose "Paste into" from the Edit menu.

4) From the selection menu, choose "reselect"

5) Under "Filters -> Render", pick "Clouds". If it doesn't look right first time, keep hitting -F until it does. smiley - artistsmiley - geek

(The result will be in greyscale; before you deselect it, you can use "Hue/Saturation" to colourise it.)

Post 324

Mr. Legion

So, what kind of dancer are you expecting?

Post 325

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Thanks Peet for the help but that's not what I'm trying to do.I'm actually trying to make up a space/planet scene using a free landscaping programme and the WKGP to marry in other elements like planets in the sky.I then want to superimpose using the custom brush clouds to add depth.I can download these but I really wanted to make my own custom brushes.I can do this but I'm disappointed as I can't get them whispy enough.
There is someone who makes her own such brushes whom I'm hoping will give me some tips or even a tutorial when she has time.
In the meantime I'm developing PC elbow in my attempts to teach my self.smiley - sadface

Incogsmiley - tea

Post 326

C Hawke

Post 327

Phil

alias mroe 'more'

Post 328

GreyDesk

MK9 1HA

Post 329

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Planning a visit to milton keynes GreyDesk?

Post 330

GreyDesk

Yes. Blades away to Franchise FC on Tuesday week smiley - smiley

smiley - football

Post 331

Sho - employed again!

That and Jonathan Glassner left, leaving Brad Wright as sole show-runner, plus a gaggle of new writers.

Post 332

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit any porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by istlef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Post 333

Sho - employed again!

No, it's still there. I haven't yet figured out what the number is for my voicemail, and until I know that I can't pick up the message

Post 334

Brother Maynard

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/stargate.htm

Post 335

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

Section 1 – Navigation and appearance common to all forms
Form load: define where form is accessed from, expected response time and data displayed on first load
All expected navigation links present
Define navigation destinations here
Navigation back to this form from links
Access to form and links restricted on “Need to Know, Need to Do” basis
Define any access restrictions here
Able to clear fields and form as needed without affecting other input
Able to navigate back to partially completed case via reference number
Able to use all appropriate short-cuts and hot-keys
Navigation around screen can be by way of mouse, keyboard

Post 336

GreenHayGirl

I am writing to you today to introduce our company and more importantly the Property Valuation Management System otherwise known as “PVMS”. We have been working with another commercial Agent such as yourselves to put together a database, which is invaluable to the commercial property industry. (Boring!)

Post 337

C Hawke

http://www.diy.com/bq/category/category.jhtml?CATID=11962

Post 338

Sho - employed again!

What's a rota?

Post 339

C Hawke

thread revival as I jsut gambled this was still in paste buffer from earlier today-

element_label
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Higher managerial & professional occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Lower managerial & professional occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Intermediate occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Small employers & own account workers
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Lower supervirory & technical occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Semi-routine occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Routine occupations
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Never worked & long-term unemployed
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) Not Classified
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) AB - Higher and intermediate managerial/administrative/professional
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) C1 - Supervisory, clerical, junior managerial/administrative/professional
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) C2 - Skilled Manual workers
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) D - Semi-skilled and unskilled manual workers
Household reference persons: (NS-SeC) E - On state benefit, unemployed, lowest grade workers

Post 340

Saturnine

Damn. There is nothing in my paste button right now. Too early. But wait and see...wait and see.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more