A Conversation for Ask h2g2

party

Post 361

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

beet?! smiley - doh

Liam.

party

Post 362

Captain Kebab

You can't just go around using words like 'beet'! You'll get yikesed.

But you might nver know who did it.....

Watch out there's a phantom Linda about.

Mwahahahahahahahahah

smiley - monster

party

Post 363

Captain Kebab

nver? smiley - doh

This is obviously some kind of haunted thread. Removes your ability to type. smiley - aliensmilesmiley - ghost

party

Post 364

You can call me TC

Can anyone remember the thread? Wasn't it the one about people asking questions like "Where is the *any key*". A lot of that was cut and pasted from e-mails, but I can't believe that the whole thread was in breach of copyright regulations.

Why was it re-instated if the entire thread consisted of moderated posts? What was the point of that? I thought the conversations that came back had passed moderation, in fact that was what it meant.

party

Post 365

the autist formerly known as flinch

where IS the any key?

party

Post 366

Cheerful Dragon

I remember this thread, having posted to it myself. I think what has happened may be as follows. Some time ago I checked what the oldest conversation was on 'Ask h2g2'. As I recall, it was from some time in August 2000, which is when the BBC took over (I think!). Older conversations (back to July 2000) have recently reappeared, which means that they've now been moderated. It looks like there may have been a blanket reinstatement of old conversations, including some that haven't been moderated yet. Either that or they haven't taken the 'awaiting moderation' block off this one.

I'm off to check some of the other old conversations, to see if any others have this problem. I'll let you know what I find.

party

Post 367

You can call me TC

Well I just had a look at a very old one and it was all there.

party

Post 368

Cheerful Dragon

I've checked the oldest ones from early July. All of the postings are visible. It looks like this conversation has been 're-instated' without having been moderated.

party

Post 369

astrolog

Someone in the office where I work stuck a label on the space bar - What did the label say - ANY KEY.

Alji, smiley - zensmiley - wizard of the Red Dragon (Swynwr y Ddraig Goch) (conducting a sun sign poll @ A712595)smiley - surfer(Member of The H2G2 Guild of Wizards @ U197895 looking for wiz kids to join, though you don't have to be a wiz kid just know a bit about some subject that you think will be of interest to others or just bore the pants off them. This is an equal opportunities space open to all sexes, ages and abilities)

party

Post 370

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

This post will probably get moderated, but still..
There's a place online where you can find Any-keys, Panic-keys, Eject-keys and Oooops!-keys amongst other things.
Check [Unsuitable link removed by Moderator] out.smiley - smiley

party

Post 371

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hey, Lost! How's it hangin'?

I was too slow - could you send the link to [email protected], please? smiley - grovel

party

Post 372

Hiya, Peet.. Sent the link to you. Just general link to lots of fun stuff.. I guess it was moderated cause the site I linked it to is a commercial site. Lots of computergear (hint, hint) to be found. smiley - winkeye

party

Post 373

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Got it! Nice site, but the p&p to the UK makes small purchases unfeasable... smiley - wah

party

Post 374

Yeah, i know. It does suck, and it's not always one can spend enough on the site to make the P&P pay off. smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post