A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 1021

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

reading 'The Bible (& Olt Testament) according 2 Spike Milligan' & am about to read 'Night Watch' by Terry Pratchett - signd copy my fiance gav me 4 my bday (awww) smiley - smiley

Post 1022

oops, Olt shud read Old, sorry!

omy smiley - cheerup

Post 1023

dirtydingo

just finished Nightwatch, brilliant book, on to Patrica Cornwall's Portrait of a Killer, about Jack the Ripper (think I prefer From Hell)

Post 1024

Math - Playing Devil's Advocate

Almost finished The Subtle Knife, then it will be The Amber Spyglass - both by Philip Pullman. So far pretty good, I would recomend it (the whole series) to people who enjoy childrens fantasy, based on what I have read so far.

Math

Post 1025

kirriea

just finished Lasher Anne Rice book 2 of a trilogy, havent got the third so have started Vittorio which is also an anne rice. and am reading a book of ancient wisdom which is basically about magic

Post 1026

Saturnine

smiley - footprints

Post 1027

Sho - employed again!

Hemmingway's Chair by Michael Palin

Post 1028

Chronicargonaut

"Time Travel in Einsteins' Universe" by J Richard Gott. Its an entertaining and interesting book which isn't too academically dry, and makes it very accessable without 'dumbing down'.

Post 1029

White Hart

Finished Snow Crash, and now I'm embarking on a re-read of Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy, which should keep me busy for a few weeks!

Post 1030

Little Mischief

Still plodding through 'Snow Crash'... I'm into it enough to want to finish it (in my own good time smiley - winkeye) but I can't say that I would rush to pick up another Stephenson.

Also still at the McNally book as I never sit down long enough to read anything at home. Hopefully I'll have them both finished by month's end (must clean house - houseguests arriving in 7 days smiley - run).

Second 'His Dark Materials' book on deck, along with a Star Trek, a Caleb Carr, and a mystery I picked up at the second hand store that looked interesting.

Post 1031

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Diamond Age is a better book by far by Stephenson, but i still think Snow Crash has it's moments...

I'm finished the Moonstone (at last! smiley - smiley) and am now racing through Tim Moore's hysterical 'French Revolutions' - the man is as mad as a box of rats...smiley - ok

smiley - shark

Post 1032

toybox

Just finished 'So long, and thanks for all the fish'. Therefore, just started 'Mostly Harmless'.smiley - biggrin

Post 1033

Crazy Man

Mort by Terry Pratchett

Very good so far, and I'm almost finished (at least 3/4 way through) smiley - smiley

Can't wait to read Soul Music later on smiley - biggrin

Post 1034

2 very good discworld books (as they all r!)

omy smiley - cheerup

Post 1035

Wulfric

"The Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham - an annual favourite smiley - biggrin

Post 1036

friendlywithteeth

Finished Night Watch...rereading The Truth by Mr T. P.

Post 1037

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

Vile Bodies got side lined by the fact that I left it in the office so I bought what has been one of the best books I've read this year ... "I, Lucifer" by Glen Duncan ... you've just got to read it - it's an absolute cracker!

smiley - devil

Post 1038

kirriea

finished vittorio the vampire, just started Stupid white men by michael moore. v funny

Post 1039

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Judith Briles MD ~~The Toxic Workplace~~~ *nursing profession*

Post 1040

Ridiculous Chicken† - a very absurd little bird

"Tunnel visions" by Christopher Ross. I'd recommend it - it's very enlightening and manages to seamlessly and tastefully combine light-hearted humour, philosophy and the occasional nightmarishly shocking tale.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more