A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 2861

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Are Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett also lurking here?

smiley - blush(Blushes at being able to name the 'classic' Genesis line-up. smiley - musicalnoteIf you go down to willow farm/ To look for butterflies/ Flutterbies/ Gutterflies....and so on for about five hours or somethingsmiley - musicalnote)

Post 2862

nada

A lot of Tom Robbins and Chuck Palahniuk lately...

Post 2863

KB

I quite liked The Business, Edward. You don't think it came up to scratch?

Reading Anthony Trollope now, The Warden.

Post 2864

Ommigosh

A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett

Good fun. Love the character who has two bodies but isn't twins and the reverse poltergeist who tidies up all the time.

Post 2865

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Mmmm, Terry Pratchett.. I am a bit behind with him.

Currently reading a novel by Andrew Greeley about a missing Bishop and an L train, quite intriguing!

Post 2866

Demon Drawer

I've just finished Vol. 1 of John Grigg's Biography of Lloyd George I'm on Vol. 2 of 4 now.

Post 2867

Yvonne aka india

Always got two on the go. One heavy for when I can curl up and dedicate some time to it, currently Feast of All Saints by Anne Rice. Also a lighter one that I can pick up and drop at a moment's notice, currently Stark by Ben Elton.

Post 2868

YalsonKSA - "I'm glad birthdays don't come round regularly, as I'm not sure I could do that too often."

I'm reading 'France: The Insecure Peace' by a chap called J P T Bury. It's about French inter-war politics and I'm reading my Mum works in a school library and they were going to throw it out, so she rescued it for me.

She then rescued three carrier bags full of history and politics books the next day, so I now have enough reading for about six months.

smiley - yikes

Post 2869

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I'm not sure what I make of A Song of Stone at the moment and Dead Air, although enjoyable, certainly didn't turn out they way I thought it would at all. I still think Banks is a wonderfully talented writer though - what a twist at the end of The Wasp Factory though!

Post 2870

YalsonKSA - "I'm glad birthdays don't come round regularly, as I'm not sure I could do that too often."

I love Iain Banks. I'm currently planning an entry about the eponymous society in his Culture sci-fi novels.

It'll take ages but I'll get to read all the books again!

Post 2871

Sho - employed again!

Finished The Adventure of English and am (re)reading some of the Sharpe novels for fun before starting on The Two Towers (yes, Edward it _must_ be done smiley - tongueout) and The Brothers Karmazov.

For the Gruesome Twosome we are now reading my favourite of the Narnia books (the Silver Chair) - I'm really sad that there is only one more after that. But then we'll hit 5 Children and It, so that's good.

Post 2872

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<>

Wow, smiley - cool! (I remember TTP Bury from school...)

Post 2873

It's gonna be hard work, I think. I may have to take a few breaks and read some silly stuff for light relief. Like Tolstoy.....

smiley - wah

Post 2874

Vamster

Joanne Harris- Jigs and Reels. A lot of this is quite sinister, but i really like short stories. So many things to say, so few words.smiley - cool

Post 2875

Lizzbett

I've just finished "Date Expectations" by Paul Reizen. I thought it was pretty entertaining and I liked his writing style.

Post 2876

KB

Given up reading Trollope's The Warden - I found it absolutely dire. Much too proselytising.

Post 2877

Baconlefeets

James Frey - A Million Little Pieces, againsmiley - bigeyes

Post 2878

Lizzbett

King_Bomba - I tried to read something by Trollope once but had to return it to the library unfinished. Predictable Victorian trash in my opinion (and Trollope does appear to have been a dreadful old snob!)

I have just started "Harriet Said" by Beryl Bainbridge. So far it is odd and intriguing.

Post 2879

Sho - employed again!

but Vanity Fair was a riot - if you whip through it and try not to overanalyse Becky Sharp.

Currently reading Sharpe's Trafalgar and enjoying it hugely. Again.

Post 2880

Sho - employed again!

smiley - blush sorry, got my Thackerys mixed up with my Trollopessmiley - blush

I didn'T like Trollope much either.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more