A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The worst Song Ever?

Post 1

tropnevad

What's the worst song ever? For me it has to be Bryan Adams "Everything I do". It drove me mad when it was in the chart for so long, I still run off screaming every time I hear it.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

"you can thank your lucky stars we're not as smart as we like to think we are" by Dean Freedman.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 3

ultrapete

Nickebacks how you remind me.

it is just dire. and they playd it solidly on the radio fro a bout half a year.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 4

Woodpigeon

Here's an eighties monster I've just dredged up from the recesseses of my brain

"I've been to paradise but I've never been to me" smiley - ill

The worst Song Ever?

Post 5

The Groob

I feel like a woman, by Shania Twain. So naff. Such an 'Auntie dancing with her thumbs up' tune. That awful riff at the beginning. Ugh.

Closest thing to crazy by ? Sentimental over-twee sh1te.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 6

pffffft

Rhythm is a Dancer by Snap, if only for the lyric

'doncha know I'm as serious as cancer
when I say that rhythm is a dancer'

awful

The worst Song Ever?

Post 7

ultrapete

oohh i just remember about Rythem is a Dancer by Snap.
purly for the lyric.

"i'm as serious as cancer, when i say rythem is a dancer."

could they not think of anything to rhyme with AIDS. its such poor taste.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 8

ultrapete

damn to late..........

The worst Song Ever?

Post 9

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

That's Katie Melua who does Closest Thing To Crazy. I *hate* that song smiley - grr. They keep using it on the DFS sale adverts on TV and radio, and I have to hit the mute button so I don't have to listen to it.

My least favourite songs ever have to be anything at all by the Spice Girls. Total tripe.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 10

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

I hate that Katie Melua one too, but the worst songs in the world have to be either "Reet smiley - bleep Petite" by Jackie Wilson or "Perfect" by Fairground attraction! smiley - grr

Then again, not too fond of Dire Straits "Walk of Life" or Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me".

Any one of those deserves the radio switching off!

The worst Song Ever?

Post 11

Woodpigeon

Oooh ooh - another one - The Carpenters, "Calling occupants of interplanetary craft" - Makes me feel like spitting...

The worst Song Ever?

Post 12

Stu

Need I say it - that bloody crazy frog thing. smiley - flusteredsmiley - crosssmiley - grr

The worst Song Ever?

Post 13

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

I've only heard that once - I quite liked it!!!smiley - laugh

It's not really made it to Portugal yet, probably get here about next March!!!

The worst Song Ever?

Post 14

Trin Tragula

Top of the head top seven (I got too depressed and couldn't go on)

1. Whitney Houston's 'The Greatest Love of All' (which is learning to love yourself, apparently, loving somebody else instead or laying down your life for the love of humanity being mere trifles in comparison).

2. Elton John's 'Sacrifice'. Somebody should have stopped him in or around 1976 - there are others as bad as this, but this is bottom of the barrel beneath the other barrel.

3. 'The Timewarp'. It may have been cool for a brief instant when 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' was still just a stage show back in the 70s, but it's now a sudden and violent death of a party song for anyone with a sense of humour (rather than 'a sense of humour!'). 'Spaced' got this dead right - I've always hated it.

4. Chris de Burgh's 'Lady in Red'. This needs no explanation and makes me want to gag every time I hear it.

5. Norah Jones's 'Don't Know Why'. A song for people who don't actually like music but feel they ought to own some.

6. That one by Britney Spears where she drowns in the bath. I cheered. Don't know the name and don't particularly want to.

7. Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up'. No worse than the others, which, happily, I have been able to erase from my consciousness. No amount of 'weren't the 80s cool?' retro can save this from being genuinely evil.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 15

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

That bloody awful dirge version of 'Changes' that Ozzie and his daughter did. There's a sign on my local's jukebox warning of impending acts of violence that will be directed at anyone that selects it.

smiley - ale

The worst Song Ever?

Post 16

It was *everywhere*, so if you were over the age of 12 you couldn't help hearing it all the time and utterly hating it smiley - grr.

Some visitor to my office had that ringtone on his phone and had left it somewhere when it rang at full volume, until a number of us made threats about flushing it down the loo if we heard it again.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 17

I was referring to the Crazy Frog tune, if that wasn't clear...

The worst Song Ever?

Post 18

Woodpigeon

Applies equally to the Ozzie tune so you're ok there...

The worst Song Ever?

Post 19

The Groob

"5. Norah Jones's 'Don't Know Why'. A song for people who don't actually like music but feel they ought to own some"

Must have come from the same school as dido. smiley - whistle

The worst Song Ever?

Post 20

tropnevad

another one to get me mad is the remix of "living next door to alice(who the ....is alice) by Smokie and Roy "Chubby" Brown. Why ruin a perficaly naff song?smiley - steam

Key: Complain about this post