This is the Message Centre for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Lock your doors

Post 16481

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I contacted the housing first (to try a consmiley - winkeye) err Mr - with my age and disability smiley - whistle will the housing remove my hedge and put a small fence up instead > NO! you have to pay for that yourself, after getting permission from us - ha! keep on cuttingsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16482

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Chweaper, and good exercise.

Lock your doors

Post 16483

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - biggrinyour southern quizsmiley - smileyonly read 1 post and copied it to a email, so I can write my answers next to themsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16484

smiley - laugh Sounds good. Baron Grim was fussing at Icy North that his quiz was too English, and BG only spoke Texas, so I thought i'd give 'em a laugh with Southernisms.

Elektra says it's going to go down to 34 tonight. smiley - brr We'll have to switch from a'c to heat.

Lock your doors

Post 16485

as long as you stay warmsmiley - smileysmiley - ok

we have more variations of Yorkshire lingo, than any other county have of theirssmiley - smileyI could go 15 mile to one town and not understand the "old timers"smiley - biggrin

Lock your doors

Post 16486

smiley - laugh And you know, that's been going on for ages.

I studied Old English, you know, and Middle English, and there's a story from, oh, about 900 or so, where some people from up in Yorkshire went down to Kent by boat. And they had an awful time understanding anybody down there. smiley - winkeye

Lock your doors

Post 16487

tha cud be raitsmiley - biggrinit's a bloody big world we have to teach smiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16488

smiley - laugh

The word they had trouble with back then was 'eggs'.

One place said 'egges', and one said 'eyren' - which is more like the German word, Eier.

Now, my mom used to tease my dad, because they spoke two different dialects. And my dad said, 'aiggs', just like a Scotsman. All his people did. And my mom would laugh at him.

And he'd said, 'At least I don't say 'cohner' for 'corner'.' Which seh did. smiley - rofl

Lock your doors

Post 16489

I say "put my coit on" and mam will pull me up and say IT'S coat! smiley - winkeyeI reply - it was good enough for my granddad, then it's good enough for mesmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16490

smiley - laugh That's it. Lots of things the old folks used to say.

My grandparents were funny sometimes.

When we were kids, we were at the farm, and my grandmother sat down to breakfast.She took out her teeth, and put them on a napkin.

My grandfather roared, 'Mur'emma! Put yore teeth in! We have comp'ny.'

My grandmother, calmly, 'I will not. Those mail-order teeth don't fit right. They hurt.'

smiley - rofl

And then, of course, she poured her coffee into the saucer, picked it up, and blew on it...smiley - whistle

Quite normal behaviour for the Appalachians.

Lock your doors

Post 16491

tea slurping from the saucersmiley - biggrinwas a favourite here as well by manysmiley - smiley

Lock your doors

Post 16492

http://www.wikihow.com/Speak-With-a-Yorkshire-Accent

smiley - rofljust found this, not tried it, just looked at itsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16493

Aha! Different drink, same custom. smiley - biggrin

In fact, there was a joke that everybody said, 'come in and sit down. I've got a cup of coffee for you, already blowed and sassered.' )=saucered.)

Lock your doors

Post 16494

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maureenmitchell/yorkshire/dialect_words.htm

there might be some that's close to your use of local slangsmiley - smiley

Lock your doors

Post 16495

Speaking of foodstuffs, I'm off to eat.smiley - run

Take it easy, and don't clip hedges in your sleep. smiley - zzz

Lock your doors

Post 16496

hedge will be happy for at least 6 months and tough if it ain'tsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16497

smiley - wahtoday! I smiley - wahagainsmiley - sadface

smiley - winkeyeit WAS easy to say/write "£103" for a windows 7 disc, but now I've got to go put THAT on to clear my credit cardsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16498

smiley - laughsmiley - cheerupsmiley - laugh

Lock your doors

Post 16499

smiley - heroI was bravesmiley - biggrin

Lock your doors

Post 16500

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Sure you are! DG is working hard on his lessons which those West Coast dummies FINALLY got back to him on. So please excuse him tonight.

Did you get to drive your son's car yet? Will he let you? Do you have a liscense anymore?

Key: Complain about this post

Lock your doors

More Conversations for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more