A Conversation for Volleyball

hmmm?

Post 1

Aine

did you ever wonder how you can get so tired when the court is so small and there's six of you on it? or how come you rotate clockwise into serve but the rotation checks are called out anti-clockwise?
Apart from that it's a great sport and I have a laugh playing it.

Volleyball

Post 2

Piglie

Of course, volleyball evolves. Now it seems the ball can touch the net going over from a serve. Oh, and if you fluff the ball on receive of service and it sort of rolls down your arms a bit, that's OK. Oh, and you can kick it. Oh and you score on every point now rather than just on your service.
Maybe there are a lot more people playing who just aren't very good at it and needed it to be simpler. Apparently it doesn't matter that the game is probably worse for it.
Maybe I should take up beach volleyball instead. The outfits are better there. Unfortunately I don't live near a beach, but hey, maybe I can get the rules changed?

Volleyball

Post 3

Bright Blue Shorts

Hey and talking of changes to the rules they've changed the dimensions of a beach court from 9x9m to 8x8m. That 1m doesn't sound much until you realise it's translates to over a 20% change (81 -> 64 square metres or is that metres square). Maybe its so people don't get as tired running around on the big court ..... or maybe its so the international players who are all about 7ft tall can just cover the court by sticking their arms out and falling over (don't look at the maths there too carefully).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Volleyball

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more