This is the Message Centre for KB

It's gonna happen again, innit?

Post 1

KB

Every time I go to a meeting with the express intention of resigning, stepping back, "passing on the torch"...I walk out of it having been elected to *another* committee.

I bet it'll happen today, too. smiley - laugh

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laugh Good luck smiley - goodluck

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

You know its probably for the best.... just think; elseways you'd end up with so much free time you'd be lost as to what to do smiley - snorksmiley - goodlucksmiley - zensmiley - biro be strong and resolute smiley - zen

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

We have a rule in the constitution of our choir that you can't serve on the committee in any post for more than four years. So at the end of my four years as Bass Rep I was able to resign with a clear conscience.

Actually, I believe I was the one who put that rule into the constitution when we were designing it.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

One of the committees my mum is on has a rule that committee members have to resign after 3 years. The last 5 times she resigned, there were no other nominations for the position, so she was re-elected...

Post 6

KB

smiley - laugh I like Gnomon's solution of amending the constitution to get out of it!

And yeah, it happened again, as I suspected it might.

I don't mind, though, because I'm not doing everything myself now. We got a few new people. And I also have a first rate woman to play Sundance to my Butch, or vice versa. smiley - laugh

So while I technically took on more, in reality it'll be a lot less work! I'm happy enough with that compromise.

A dependable sidekick can make all the difference!

Post 7

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I'm off the committee of Tullamore Toastmasters this year (having held the most onerous position twice).

Post 8

smiley - bigeyes sort of success then smiley - laugh odd... I see you more as the sundance.... smiley - laughsmiley - runsmiley - whistle

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm the Tenor Section leader. It's the smallest section in the chorus, so I'm not overworked. smiley - laugh

Post 10

KB

Trig! I always like to see a lesser spotted Trig! smiley - biggrin

Post 11

You can call me TC

*Waves to everyone*

So - how did it go?

Post 12

KB

As predicted, I walked out with an extra role. smiley - laugh

I don't mind though. The way it was before, it fell to me to do pretty much everything. And when you're overloaded that much, you do a lot of things, but not especially well.

Now though, we've a few good workers with plenty of sense. So a good enough outcome, all said! smiley - ok

Post 13

an extra roll sounds good... was it ham, or cheese, or soemthing... oh... role... ahh... smiley - doh not so good smiley - sillysmiley - run

Post 14

My worry is that the extra roll would be around my middle.

Post 15

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Yup. I'm (kind of) back. I'll be around intermittently.

(I actually have some ideas for Guide Entries too; I'm just too lazy to write the things.)

TRiG.smiley - silly

Post 16

I'm not lazy so much as preoccupied with seasonal obligations and time-consuming efforts to keep Old Man Winter at bay.

Key: Complain about this post