This is the Message Centre for KB

Whu...what's just happened?

Post 1

KB

There's suddenly been an explosion, a proliferation of committees. They've sprouted like mushrooms in the lawn on a rainy autumn day.

And I seem to be *on* most of the damn things! smiley - doh

I'm at a loss to explain how this happened. Being on committees is the kind of thing I tend to steer clear of wherever possible.

I always bite off more than I can chew. smiley - groan

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I seem to attract the attention of people who want me to be on committees, too. I try to feel flattered.

Post 3

KB

It's quite funny. I don't know really what all these committees are for...

If my understanding is correct, the first one was elected, but it's only temporary. It will never actually meet, because by the time it would be due its first meeting, there will be another one in place, instead.

Now, there's a second one, and its entire raison d'ĂȘtre seems to be that it elects who's on the first one (which will never actually meet), or something...

And then there's a third one, which consists of all the same people that are on the second one, plus a couple of others, but I'm not sure what the purpose of the third one is...

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Purpose? What need does a committee for that, other than self-perpetuation? smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more