This is the Message Centre for KB

Have I enough cheek?

Post 1

KB

Hmmm.

I have (mistakenly, I take it) been invited to a big party at a politician's house, that he's throwing for all his campaign workers for helping to get him elected.

I'm debating whether to just turn up even though I was never in his team of campaigners, and didn't do a damn thing to get him elected. smiley - laugh

It might be a laugh...

I wonder how much free drink I could cadge before they call the police? smiley - eureka

Should I prepare a speech, thanking campaign workers, fundraisers etc, and deliver it as if I'm some kind of party chairman, just to see what happens?

Decisions, decisions...

Have I enough cheek?

Post 2

You can call me TC

What is the unit of measurement for cheek?

Have I enough cheek?

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Go.

Eat and drink to your heart's content.

Do not, under any circumstances, let them get your name, address, email address, etc. If they do, you'll be getting circulars and spam ad infinitum smiley - groan.

Have I enough cheek?

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Absolutely! it'd be a blast! - make the speach with as many spurious referneces into it as possible.... just to be astonished to the level people will still believe it all!

Have I enough cheek?

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

If I were you, I'd go, it sounds like a great do. Why are you expected to speak? You could just make like a wallflower or pretend to be shy, or better still, take a really good-looking plus-one and no-one will notice you at all smiley - winkeye

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more