This is the Message Centre for KB

Recharge the batteries

Post 1

KB

I have a week off now, with nary a thing to do.

As dilemmas and predicaments go, it's a fairly pleasant one to be in! smiley - smiley

Plans so far may include a visit to one of my favourite pubs, beside the sea with great views and great beers.

Other plans include a visit to four nature reserves, all within about a 10 mile radius, but which I never visit enough.

One day I'll have to go shopping for books.

Another day, I want to catch up with a mate I never see enough. I can combine that with the book shopping day.

One day, I want to pick a random wee town and go to it and explore - this is one of my favourite things to do on a day off.

Another day I'll have to go canvassing and putting up election posters.

I was thinking I might go to Dublin, to see if there are any interesting Easter week events going on.

Actually, when I think about it for a few minutes there is plenty I could be doing - I don't know if a week is enough time off! smiley - laugh

Recharge the batteries

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've never been to Dublin. Nor Triplin, come to think of it.

Recharge the batteries

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Give us a shout if you're in Dublin on Tuesday or Wednesday evening and we can have a pint together.

Recharge the batteries

Post 4

Sorry, I can't travel this week. I have rehearsals for a concert next Sunday:

Morten Lauridsen: Lux Aeterna

Edward Elgar: Lux Aeterna

Ola Gjeilo: Sunrise Mass (First Boston Performance!)

Recharge the batteries

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Lauridsen is lovely to sing, although I haven't sung his Lux Aeterna.

Recharge the batteries

Post 6

I've sung it often, including on concerts tours to Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and parts of central Italy.

The Gjeilo is a surprise. He's so young, and already making a mark with music that's enjoyable to sign and listen to. I hear echos of Karl Jenkin s ["the Armed Man"] and Russian mystical liturgical music in it.

I remember being dissatisfied with modern atonalities in the 60s and 70s. I despaired that anyone in my lifetime would write anyhting I could bear to listen to, but now a new generation has come along -- Eric Whitacre, Karl Jenkins, Ola Gjeilo -- and new music has become fun again. smiley - smiley

Recharge the batteries

Post 7

Malabarista - now with added pony

Wow, a week off *and* the bookshops open? What luxury!

Enjoy it. smiley - zen

Recharge the batteries

Post 8

Nice to hear from you again, Malabarista. smiley - smiley

Recharge the batteries

Post 9

KB

Does that invitation count for another time, Gnomon? I'm afraid of you. I'd love to crash on your sofa, but once I started singing you'd kick me out smiley - biggrin

Recharge the batteries

Post 10

Maybe you bring some earplugs for Gnomon to wear. smiley - winkeye

Recharge the batteries

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

You needn't be afraid of me, KB. But I was thinking of a pint shared on neutral territory so I can decide whether I'm afraid of you. smiley - winkeye

I have a spare room if you need to stay and you won't be the first hootooer to have stayed.

Recharge the batteries

Post 12

Malabarista - now with added pony

I've stayed at Gnomon's (thanks!) and can confirm that he doesn't bite.

Recharge the batteries

Post 13

I've met Gnomon, and wish I could have spent more time getting to know him. smiley - smiley

Hi, Gnomon.

Recharge the batteries

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

Hello paulh.

Recharge the batteries

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

I've met Gnomon and KB and am jealous if they get to have a pint without me smiley - laugh

Recharge the batteries

Post 16

I'd rather have coffee than the pint, but otherwise I can relate. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post