This is the Message Centre for KB

Err...what just happened?

Post 1

KB

I think something must have happened when I wasn't paying attention.

It all started with an off-the-cuff and, well, maybe slightly flirtatious remark to someone I barely even know. Then everything went a bit sort of haywire and we seem to have planned a holiday away after Christmas before we even knew surnames. smiley - huh

smiley - shrug Don't ask me. It makes no sense to me either.

All my most ill-fated adventures always seem to be precipitated by the words "Anything for a laugh..."

Post 2

You can call me TC

Does it involve leaving the country?

Anyway - go for it. As they say, you only live once.

Post 3

KB

Yes, up to them thar Nordic places. Where I've been wanting to go myself, anyway, so why not.

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

The Nordic places are nice. The big question is, is he good-looking? smiley - smiley

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Are you fond of snow and cold weather? If not, I would wait seven or eight months before going. Then again, I've heard that Sweden [for instance] is really charming during the holidays.

I'd like to see Scandinavia, too, though I've never even shopped at Ikea. smiley - smiley

I've been to a couple of the Baltic nations, as well as Saint Petersburg.

Post 6

KB

I love snow and cold weather, as long as I've got the right clothes. I do have the right clothes, as it happens, but it is not often cold enough to wear them in Ireland. It is more important to be dry here.

Post 7

You can call me TC

By the way, a peek in their passport will tell you their surname.

Post 8

KB

I have never checked anyone's passport, and I don't intend to start now!

I'm horrified at the thought of that. I'm not a border guard.

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've never been a guard of any kind. The closest I'd come would be a bored guard.

Post 10

You can call me TC

Heaven forbid, no, not a full security check - I meant just a glance over the shoulder in the queue.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more