This is the Message Centre for KB

Learning

Post 1

KB

I met a very interesting bloke last week. And a couple of times this week, too. A fascinating man in a number of ways. He's one of those people with a turn of phrase that brings a smile to your face, and he has an amazing knowledge of trees and woodlands as habitats. The only thing is, I think I will have to give him a wee bit of education. In one of our finest local hostelries, with one of the widest ranges of lagers and ales you will find in town, his first call was a pint of Budweiser. smiley - laugh

But he's already opened my eyes a bit. Learning is a two-way street, like so much else in life. I think I've opened his, too.

Learning

Post 2

Beatrice

Uh-huh.

He's assisting you in the beerandcoffee quests, eh?

Learning

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

" Learning is a two-way street, like so much else in life" [Pierce]

Some days, it seems as if most two-way streets around here are barely one way, due to road construction smiley - flustered.

Learning

Post 4

KB

Helping with Beer Quest, and helping with Craic Quest. (I know some people object to that spelling, but I think in the circumstances "Crack Quest" would be...ambiguous and inadvisable. smiley - laugh) Helping me "get my mojo workin'" again and forget about a few other worries at the back of my mind. smiley - wizard And he seems refreshingly uncomplicated (in the best sense of the word).

Learning

Post 5

KB

He was a w smiley - offtopic.

But as the title of this was all about learning, I guess I learned. smiley - laugh

Learning

Post 6

I have no idea what a craic is.

Learning

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Craic means fun and excitement.

Learning

Post 8

Old Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

Craic sounds like even more of a curse. smiley - evilgrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more