A Conversation for Students

Amending the rules for exam periods

Post 1

Scarlett

You did mention that students are not allowed to 'clean; wash up; use a vacuum cleaner' but how about during the exam period ?. I know from my experience that comming upto exams you couldn't sit down for 5 minutes without someone starting a vacuum up or washing their dishes. not that we didn't like exams of course

Post 2

Princess Bride

You are correct. I clean and wash up the most when I am procrastinating doing something, which is also at other times than exam period. Because I like procrastinating more than studying. But I would say that I am a very good student and not many of the qualities listed in the article apply to me. But that's all right.

I wonder if any of that made sense to anyone but me...

Post 3

88425 (...older, and yet LESS wiser...???)

I agree - the only time you'll find students cleaning is around exam time. Window washing has even been known to occur!

As for me - now I've found the h2g2 site (only this week) I've got better things to do with my time (procrastination-wise) than cleaning.

Post 4

Slartibarffast

Absolutely true. The period of exam study is also useful for corresponding with vague friends and relatives you haven't seen for years, shopping, catching up on those missed episodes of soaps you never watch and updating your hitchiker entries... (geology finals this week)

Post 5

88425 (...older, and yet LESS wiser...???)

Yup - done most of that too (except the h2g2 entries - none as yet).

Final final on Thursday (Sustainable Development).

Post 6

Princess Bride

I am procrastinating as we speak, but now is the time for me to stop that i have allotted myself. Is that spelled right? Alotted? Alloted? I have confused myself.

Post 7

Boswell

You've confused me and im in a deep procrastination...... which doesnt normally occur during exam weeks...... but give it some time.Ive still got another 7 exam weeks to go before i leave-an occupational hazard of the modular deegree

Post 8

Princess Bride

Oh my goodness! What is a modular degree and why do you have 7 weeks of exams? I'm so sorry!

Post 9

Boswell

A modular deegree means i have 'units of study'.Every module lasts for the term(10 weeks) or two if im really lucky.So i have another 7 terms of exams. Sort of like a deegree taken in bitesizes.Some of its shredded wheat bitesize(plain & dull);some of its the frosted type (nice &sweet)or some of it tastes likebaaaaaaad museli or dried vomitThe main advantage is i always know where i am .The main disadvantage is that i always know where i am plus the increase of stress.
Boswell the rambler
I pressed the h2g2 bookmark by mistake and my cousework is swearing at me -i have to go and sort it out.

Post 10

Princess Bride

Well have fun and don't work too hard! smiley - smiley

Post 11

Boswell

okelay dokelay

Key: Complain about this post