This is the Message Centre for TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Annoying

Post 1

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Reasons I've not been on hootoo much recently:

1. My computer, which was a present from Mal, has decided it doesn't like going online these days. I'll have to get that sorted out.

2. My laptop, which was second hand refurbished from Oxfam, is on its last legs. It has a failing hard drive and the wifi seems to have disappeared.

3. I do have an Andrew tablet, which I won in a raffle, but I don't find it great for writing on.

4. I can do some brief browsing in work, but I know that if I come to hootoo I'll stay for a while, so I don't come at all.

Annoying

Post 2

Reasons I'm annoyed with the BBC:

1. As a general rule, BBC television programmes are available on the iPlayer within the UK only, but radio programmes are available worldwide.

2. The iPlayer website does not work on a tablet: instead, it directs you to download the iPlayer app.

3. The iPlayer app is not available outside the UK.

So I could listen to BBC radio if my computers were working, but can't on the tablet.

Annoying

Post 3

Recumbentman

New computer. The writing is on the wall.

Annoying

Post 4

Reasons I'm annoyed with myself:

1. This house is a mess. It would be easier to tidy it if I had something interesting to listen to while I was at it.

2. I haven't been sleeping properly, and have therefore become staggeringly incompetent at work. The last two days were particularly bad.

3. The lack of sleep is largely my own fault: I lack self-diciplie. I don't send myself to bed. Also, I don't get enough exercise.

smiley - planetI seem to be having terrible trouble with my lifestyle.

Annoying

Post 5

New laptop, I think. The desktop Mal gave me is a decent computer: it just needs some work done on it.

All my lists of annoyances should really have been a single post, but I was nervous about losing it.

TRiG.smiley - lurk

Annoying

Post 6

Android tablet, not Andrew tablet.

And I can't even blame autocorrect.

Annoying

Post 7

Sho - employed again!

first of all smiley - hug and smiley - tea

We all go through phases like that, I'm just coming out of one, but am still staggeringly incompetent at life. It takes time.

And I really really wanted it to be an Andrew tablet smiley - smiley

Annoying

Post 8

Icy North

And I thought he meant these:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/unbranded/a/unbranded-andrews-antacid-tablets-size-60.jpg

Annoying

Post 9

You can call me TC

Oh dear. Hope it all picks up. Sometimes when I go to bed, I run through the things:

smiley - birowork- way behind,
smiley - birohealth - neglected and should be much better,
smiley - biro finances - fortunately, OK since the kids left home
smiley - biro Housework - please don't mention it smiley - facepalm

Then I worry myself to sleep wondering whether to tackle one whole aspect of the above, or to nibble away at all of them.

Discipline would help - and a plan. But first I'll have a cup of tea and a nap.. smiley - teasmiley - zzz

Annoying

Post 10

You can call me TC

Oh, and I've been annoyed at the BBC too. They call it the "World SErvice" then they say "this function is not available in your part of the world"

Still, I have hundreds of their podcasts to listen to. Why don't you download them and listen to them? No need for constant internet access, and hours of fun. I find I listen more intensely than if I was just listening on the radio, and, of course, you can always backtrack if you miss something.

Annoying

Post 11

I'm trying the podcasting. I tried last night, actually, with the Friday Night Comedy podcast from Radio 4, but nothing happened. It appeared to have no episodes. I was too tired to spend much time on it. But I subscribed to In Our Time at lunchtime today, and that seems to be working. I might try the Doc on One from RTÉ Radio 1, too. That's usually good.

TRiG.smiley - geek

Annoying

Post 12

Icy North

Hi Trig - drop me a line on icy (underscore) north (at) Hotmail (dot) com, and I'll get you sorted.

Annoying

Post 13

Recumbentman

Exercise and sleep do match up.

I'm doing Feldenkrais which I recommend. As exercise goes it is somnolently undemanding, but the results are quite surprising. When I began it at a weekend course I was amazed to find I wan't thumping my heels on the ground any more while walking. It puts your brain in touch with your body somehow.

Annoying

Post 14

Dunno why, but the BBC media player app is now working for me, so I can now listen to Radio 4 live on the tablet. I don't think I did anything different. Odd, but l'm not complaining.

TRiG.smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post