This is the Message Centre for AlexAshman

Message to Volunteer - Tufty

Post 1

h2g2 Operations

Hi,

You are listed as being a member of the Sub-Editor volunteer scheme.

Are you still an active member of that volunteer scheme? Please respond to this message.

Also, please ensure that the email address you have entered in your preferences is a current address.

On a related note, we are asking all volunteers to please read and consent to follow the new h2g2 Volunteer Code of Conduct A87765736 Just leave a comment in the 'I promise' thread, stating you've read and agree with the Code of Conduct.

That public promise will earn you an updated badge on your Personal Space (once the last kink in code gets ironed out).

If we hear nothing from you by 31 August 2012, we will assume that you are no longer active, and you will be awarded a badge for retired volunteers.

Thank you.
Milla, for h2g2 Operations smiley - cogs

Post 2

AlexAshman

Crumbs, this is a bit formal! We've just got online at our new house so apologies for not responding sooner. I'm keen to carry on subbing, though I may need a bit of time to get settled and finish BB's project.

Post 3

h2g2 Operations

I know, it's very formal! smiley - biggrin

Congratulations to moving house smiley - bubbly
And thanks for confirming that you will carry on as Sub-Editor.

Milla smiley - cogs

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi Tufty

I've also just this minute set up a Trello Board for the new Sub-editors' forum. The one we started on Noesis was not much used. I am hoping that we can make better use of technology to improve communication regarding Entries as they travel through the editorial processes.

I look forward to seeing you on Trello. Let me know if you have any difficulty, or if your invitation does not arrive.

Post 5

AlexAshman

Once I've finished subbing Bluebottle's Pink Panther project, I should probably resign from sub-editing for the time being. Just one thing I'd ask - could I please have ex-Scout recognition as well as ex-<./>SubEditor</.>, as I was both for quite a while back when I had oodles of time to spare, and I'd do both again if I had the time.

Thanks,
Alex smiley - smiley

Post 6

h2g2 Operations

Oh boy, I'm bad at checking my convo's here.
Will do what I can about the former scout thing smiley - smiley

Milla smiley - cogs

Post 7

AlexAshman

Thanks Milla, will give you a shout when I've finished subbing.

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I'm really sad to finally see you hanging up your subbing badge, you were such an inspiration to me when I first joined this site.

Thank you so much for all you've done to help h2g2 over the years, and for the wonderful Entries you've written. I do hope you'll have a smidgeon of time left to hang out socially on occasion.

Wishing you the very best in all you do.

Lanzababy

Post 9

AlexAshman

Thanks Lanza smiley - blush

I'll still try to contribute things occasionally. I've not had time to volunteer properly for a while now, and it didn't seem proper for me to hang onto the badge.

Post 10

Bluebottle

I just hope that volunteering to do all those really long projects of mine didn't put you off! Thanks for all your hard work, insightful questions and sound judgement, it's been appreciated. smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 11

AlexAshman

Thanks BB! You didn't put me off at all. The reason why I struggled was that I have nowhere near the amount of spare time I used to. I've just worked 13 days in a row, for instance, and had approximately zero time to catch up with the rest of the world.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AlexAshman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more