This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I shall...

Post 21

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I'm arriving here less and less..If lil leaves I see little reason to stay.

I shall...

Post 22

Reality Manipulator

smiley - cuddlesmiley - hug

I shall...

Post 23

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Don't let the wrong ones push your wrong buttons in the wrong way, Auntie Giggles smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

I shall...

Post 24

Baron Grim

I find it very disturbing that several volunteers are feeling unappreciated or insulted and are talking about smiley - elvising or minimizing their participation here. It suggests some major dysfunction here. Considering how little visible progress has been seen on the front end of h2g2 I'm worried that frustration levels may be reaching a breaking point.

N.B. I'm not pointing any fingers as I have no knowledge of the back end. I'm just making a general comment on the recent wave of volunteers expressing major frustrations and other bad feelings.

I hope things change soon and we start seeing this place growing instead of shrinking as it currently seems to be.

And Lil, you have many friends here. Don't let a few bad smiley - apples disturb you. smiley - hug

I shall...

Post 25

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - lurk

I've disappeared from here again and I don't know how much I'll be back. I don't know if I fit here any more because of my own issues and because of how long I was away.

And I have no idea what's been going on for you Lil, but I just wanted you to know that you were one of the lovely people who made this a happy place for me. A place where I felt secure and safe and like people actually cared about me and what I thought. You're part of that and I would not change those years for anything. You were also the first person to welcome me back here, after ten years! You remembered me and you have no idea how much that meant, especially as so many of my old friends have vanished.

Don't let people make you feel bad or leave here, even if you just talk to us lot of old codgers. We appreciate you. We care about you and we've been here a hell of a lot longer!

Your message even provoked this old codger out of a year long silence!

smiley - hug

I shall...

Post 26

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smoochHey lil I've got my christmas shorts on smiley - smiley

I shall...

Post 27

FWR

Oi be sitting on moi sofar tendin to roid very farst mo'or boikes oi be! smiley - biker

I shall...

Post 28

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

I do hope you won't be going away, Dear Friend...
smiley - cuddle

This place just wouldn't be the same without your smiley - choc eating and button pushing.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

As always, hope all else is well with your darling family.
smiley - redwinesmiley - cheers

I shall...

Post 29

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

What wonderful messages. You are all such wonderful friends smiley - cuddle

Thank you smiley - hug

One day I will stop crying enough to participate more fully again.

lil xxx

I shall...

Post 30

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Lil, oh Lil ...

You have lured Emily back and prompted me to come out of my lurker mode.

Don't let anyone get to you - you are an absolute gem and without you this place wold nver be the same.

Lots of smiley - hugs from me and a great big smiley - ta for being there for me smiley - smooch

PS All is ok - Mum is ok - I am ok - I miss you all smiley - cheers

I shall...

Post 31

FEISER!!!! smiley - smooch

Oh! You are all my personal gems to be polished and kept safe smiley - towel

What a way to get you to come back! smiley - rolleyes

Please come out of lurk mode more often smiley - cuddle

Good to know you and your Mum are still doing well smiley - magic

lil xx

I shall...

Post 32

Willem

Hi Lil! Really sorry to hear about this, I hope things improve, somehow ... anyways can anyone here suggest how we can make this site better? I am still involved here but it seems more and more that there's not much going on any more ...

I shall...

Post 33

That's right Willem smiley - hug

We need to get the community active again smiley - ok

lil x

I shall...

Post 34

bobstafford

We had quizzes competitions all sorts people miss that it kept us together, and we talked more.

What's the membership level graph like? and average retention of members haven't come across a newby for a long time.

And what's the hit rate on the entries it was after all the main purpose (just) for the existence of h2g2. It would keep us from losing membership if we knew that the site was serving a purpose.

Willem, has made a fantastic contribution but I bet he has no idea of his readership and admirers of his artwork.

Who can sneak in and nick the stats remember Wellingtonbsmiley - laugh

I shall...

Post 35

bobstafford

PS whoever reads this we are not being negativesmiley - ok

I shall...

Post 36

bobstafford

Thanks Lil for giving this debate a kick start and geting us talking smiley - hug

I shall...

Post 37

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Amounts of members coming in is certainly lower than it once was - and the site does seem quieter to me. A site getting quieter is also a negative feedback cycle - we should indeed attempt to find some things to renew us.

I shall...

Post 38

bobstafford

I can still find lots to do on the site, but its getting harder and I spend less time now as many of the friends are just now on site as often or sadly not at allsmiley - sadface

I shall...

Post 39

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - cogssmiley - wahI don't want to be polished, I want to be mucky

I shall...

Post 40

bobstafford

You are a national icon you are beyond polish smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more