This is the Message Centre for Websailor

My Heart is still Thumping!!!

Post 7681

Websailor

Thanks, Scorp, that looks very interesting. I have bookmarked it and will have a closer look when I have more time. it would be nice to continue if h2g2 comes a cropper.

smiley - cheers

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 7682

Websailor

I have just tried to post a message here from the new site and it is still refusing as it contains 'offensive content' smiley - grr

Back later.

Post 7683

frenchbean

I'm avoiding the new site smiley - blush Until they kick me off dna I'm staying with the familiar.

We have cicadas everywhere at the moment. Every tree in Canterbury seems to be alive to the vibration of the wee beasties. As I walk to my car after work, I go through a big urban park with mature oaks and beeches and am deafened by them smiley - ok

Post 7684

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

F16034?thread=8020360

you ain't the only one not budgingsmiley - smiley

Post 7685

frenchbean

smiley - ok

Post 7686

Willem

Hi folks! I'm also thinking of starting up a blog elsewhere ... I'll check out that site.

I've also tried posting on the 'new' site ... also got told I was being offensive and other times that the site was too busy, so I haven't managed to post anything yet.

Speaking of insects ... over here a coupla days ago I came upon a swarm of dragonflies! I never saw so many together in one place before. It was just a patch of 'veld' between roads in the suburb, nothing at all special about it. It's interesting that I've been reading about dragonflies in a book just a while before I came upon them.

Post 7687

SusanDoris

Calling in to catch up on a page or two, I am sorry to hear that h2g2 might be one of the sites to close down. I don't visit often enough, but when I do, it is this thread that I go to. Hugs and good wishes to you, Websailer.

In the small close where I live (just 16 smallish houses!) there were quite a few twitchers last week, with zoom lenses and binoculars because a small group of Waxwings spent some time here, eating berries. I understand from a local expert that Hampshire has had more Waxwings here than ever before. Interesting.
There has also been a young White-tailed Sea Eagle a couple of miles away, which has attracted many people's attention.

Post 7688

Websailor

Thank you SusanDoris, it is nice to know it is appreciated.

I am afraid the camera didn't perform last nightsmiley - doh Eventually I decided that the battery had probably had it's day as I have had it such a long time. The spare is being charged now and things look fine but I won't be able to try it out till tomorrow evening (Monday 7th Feb.)

It might be the reason so many of the video clips have been dark recently.

The food is still being cleaned up though so they are still coming. Back soon with an update I hope.

Post 7689

Websailor

Tue.8th Feb. 2011

I have put the camera out this evening. It seems to be performing better with a change of battery, it even kept the date and time from yesterday. I will try and put some video clips up tomorrow if they are smiley - ok

The squirrels are stealing fat balls and running off with them, the smiley - catsmiley - cat re drinking all the water and the badgers are dragging the dishes away, not to mention blackbirds and robins fighting!

I really am trying to get back to recording properly but there is so much to do I need 48 hour days, or at least more daylight!!

Back soon,

smiley - cheers

Post 7690

frenchbean

The days will be lengthening, Websailor. I know that because the nights are lengthening here smiley - cross

smiley - lurk

Post 7691

Websailor

Hi, Frenchbean, you are right, I can see a difference already. It is not so bad when we get a bright cold sunny day, it is when it is damp and overcast that it gets me down most. I used my SAD lamp this morning and it definitely made a difference - wish I had thought of it sooner. Couldn't use it before because my other half didn't like the light.

I have yet to check the video clips for last night as I have been out this afternoon and was very busy this morning making good use of dry milder weather as it isn't going to last apparently.

They will be on Flickr if I find anything interesting smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Post 7692

Websailor

I have put a strange encounter on Flickr. It should comfort anyone frightened of losing their smiley - cat to a fox smiley - biggrin

Post 7693

Websailor

Fri.18th February 2011
Weather: Dull, cold and breezy. Yesterday was cold and sunny smiley - applause Daylight is lasting longer.

Where does the time go? Over half way through February already. My snowdrops are out and now the crocuses too smiley - smiley

I have not had a great deal of time to bird watch of late but two jays turned up yesterday and the blackcaps are still around so maybe there is some more winter to come smiley - brr The bullfinches are daily visitors too, along with robins, blackbirds and the usual array of Great, blue and long tailed tits and the odd coal tit.

smiley - bluelight The badgers are still coming and demolishing all the food but there only appear to be two, though we can't be sure, they look so alike. No sign of any lactating sows yet but we are keeping our eyes peeled for signs of possible cubs.

The foxes and smiley - catsmiley - cat are still around and the occasional little varmint too, but he appears to have kept his food source a secret from his *friends*, thank goodness smiley - snork

They have left a big muddy patch on the lawn where they feed, so I am hoping the sowing of Canadian grass I did last year will be enough to bring it back to a green condition smiley - smiley The Canadian grass certainly grew apace after I planted it. Might look out for some more this year to give it another boost.

Have a good weekend. My thoughts are with those of you who are sad. smiley - rose

smiley - cheers Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 7694

frenchbean

Morning Websailor smiley - ok Lovely to hear about the goings on in your garden ... especially those badgers.
Fb smiley - star

Post 7695

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

argh! what's this white stuff falling in the streetsmiley - sadface

Post 7696

Websailor

Oh, heavens Prof, the smiley - snowballsmiley - llabwons has come down as far as you has itsmiley - huh I hope it doesn't stay long.

It's cold grey and wet here. I don't like it one bit. I would rather have frost and sunshine. Still it beats floods, fire and pestilence I guess.

Post 7697

frenchbean

I just heard from a friend in Derbyshire that it's snowing there too smiley - yikes

Sunny 24C here smiley - evilgrin

smiley - run

Post 7698

Ivan the Terribly Average

Here too. smiley - evilgrin

smiley - run

Post 7699

it's hot in the middle east thoughsmiley - winkeye

Post 7700

Websailor

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Been so busy today. Son been doing much needed DIY for me. Back tomorrow. Th badgers are still eating me out of house and home! Will need to stock up again soon.

smiley - cheers everyone,

Key: Complain about this post