A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

historical child abuse and none investigations ?

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Just a thought!

On all news media etc for a while, we have had reports of "historical child abuse" of high profile people ? and some cases that have NOT been investigated, for various reasons ?
I wonder ? that in all circles of "class distinction" - upper/middle/working, that membership of a "possible" organisation ? could be covering the backs of fellow members ???....

if this contravenes the house rules, then I apologise and ask that it be removed - but I had to write it

smiley - prof

Post 2

bobstafford

Its bound to happensmiley - ermsmiley - ale

Post 3

KB

I don't think there's very much reason to doubt that child abuse has been going on on a massive scale, and has been perpetrated by very, very powerful people. And, yes, that they are involved in cover-ups.

What we might have thought 15 years ago was something peculiar to the Catholic Church turns out to have actually been the norm in just about every power structure - be it government, monarchy, media, army, music industry or church.

Post 4

bobstafford

Not so much above the law but beyond it

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There are different forms of abuse. There's corporal punishment, which is considered okay in some times and places, and not okay in others. There's child sexual abuse, which tends to be covered up whenever possible. There parents who starve their children. There are parents who practice infanticide by various means. Psychological abuse is also often considered propblematical.

Are we talking about all these types of abuse, or some of them, or predominantly one?

Post 6

bobstafford

Corporal punishment used reasonably may have been effective as its lack of use (or the threat of its use) has been regarded by many as the root cause of the rise of violence and criminality in today's society.

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You may have a point, but violence and criminality go all the back to Cain and Abel. I see lots of frustrated mothers in the supermarket. I'm sure most of them would *love* to spank their brats, but who wants to be scolded by fellow shoppers for child abuse?

Key: Complain about this post