A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Where is everyone?

Post 1

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

The title pretty much covers it..smiley - erm

Where is everyone?

Post 2

towelshop

Was thinking that myself, but since I'm new and don't know anyone anyway that would be the reason why I can't find anyone. smiley - winkeye

Where is everyone?

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

It does seem to have gotten a bit quiet round here, the past few weeks/months..... smiley - alienfrown not entirely sure why; Sometimes this time of year, it used to be that people restarting up studying at uni etc., actually found they had some RL stuff to do smiley - snork but... not so sure we've got regular high number sof students like once we did smiley - alienfrown
Several other possibilities, spring to mind. but as most seem to involve eels, alien abduction, zombie infestation etc., they're probably not very helpful smiley - alienfrown

maybe they're all hiding.

oo! a massive game of hide and seek smiley - runsmiley - boingsmiley - runsmiley - boing

(*looks behind pot plant* Nope... no one there.... just this... oo... maybe its a clue.... smiley - footprints

Where is everyone?

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Several other possibilities, spring to mind. but as most seem to involve eels, alien abduction, zombie infestation etc., they're probably not very helpful" [2Legs]

As Einstein is supposed t have said, each problem is an opportunity. If we can get eels, alien abductors, and zombies to sign up as researchers, I'm sure our numbers will swell. smiley - ok We may to go around with little pointy tin foil hats and zombie repellant lotions, but that's a small price to pay. smiley - smiley

Where is everyone?

Post 5

towelshop

Hang on, if we smother ourselves in Zombie repellant lotions, won't that repel the zombies, therefore depleting the numbers again smiley - erm

Where is everyone?

Post 6

This is indeed a tricky stituation. Maybe even a sticky situation. Maybe, even, a tricky sticky situation.... if only sticky sticky Steve, the stick insect was here... I@m sure she'd know what to do smiley - alienfrown

Where is everyone?

Post 7

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

We do seem to have a diminishing circle of researchers especially at weekends..Are they all out doing stuff that doesn't require a 'puter,phone,tablet? Climbing mountains,canoeing,being breathalysed.

Even more importantly as I'm retired why aren't I smashed out of my head? It's not like I'm having to get up on Monday morning..but to be honest I prefer smiley - tea these days..

Maybe I should take Bob Monkhouse's advice?

'Growing old is compulsory,growing up is optional..'

So maybe everyone will drop by and tell us where they have been?

smiley - winkeye

Where is everyone?

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Sorry, I've been watching recordings of smiley - biker racing and F1... Lots going on today! smiley - biggrin

*dusts down the legs of the Grand Chair Thingy* smiley - towel

lil xx

Where is everyone?

Post 9

Its not my fault... its... other people... keeping me ... occupied or busy in RL... and on other bits of the internet smiley - handcuffs
smiley - alienfrown maybe its also the weather... here in the UK, at least, its starting to feel like winters arrived... and... I for one, and lo, for I feel I am not alone, have suddenly re-found my reading addition, and, well, just an exuse to hide under the duvet, with an audio book on and, well, I find its oh so easy to get dis-tractored by twitter, and h2g2, and SMS, etc, that I just take the easy route, and leave my phone in some random part of the house where I can't hear it smiley - laughsmiley - silly and smiley - book can occupy a lot of time, one way or another smiley - zensmiley - book

Mind... quite why I'm doing that, rahter than finding any one of a number of pubs, five minutes from my house, with a nice warm real fire, and sittin there instead, to keep the winter smiley - brr away.... is another question entirely smiley - alienfrown Hmmmm... smiley - tea seems to have repalced smiley - ale here too smiley - yikessmiley - angel well... I am on best behavior smiley - angel

Where is everyone?

Post 10

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I went out for a walk this morning, hoping to get cash from the Atm and a Sunday paper form the convenience store. Inconveniently, the store was all out of papers, so I ended up jumping n the car and driving to a store that would have one. Then I drove out to my father's for supper.

Where is everyone?

Post 11

Baron Grim

I try to check h2g2 a few times on the weekend, but twitter goes out of sight, out of mind usually until I go back to work on Mondays.

Where is everyone?

Post 12

towelshop

I blame Facebook. My phone has taken it upon itself to buzz every time I get a message it thinks I should read. I know full well that likely or not it'll be utter drivel from a post I commented on 4 weeks ago but I can't help myself I HAVE to read it because my phone told me to smiley - sadface I need help or a phone that's not so pushy .

Where is everyone?

Post 13

ITIWBS

Given time zone problems, I just log in once a day and go through the threads I'm following.

Despite there being only one researcher in the same time zone who's subscribed to most of the same threads I follow, there's enough overlap to get in An occasional rally.smiley - racket1smiley - racket2

Where is everyone?

Post 14

towelshop

We need Santa to sign up, he never has a problem with time zones smiley - biggrin

Where is everyone?

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

Towelshop, it is easy to tell your phone not to be so pushy.

Where is everyone?

Post 16

ITIWBS

Just looking in from time to time while I do some late night house cleaning.

If you haven't yet, you might, when you have time, look at the alternative skins under 'preferences'.

I usually use Brunel myself, there are three other choices besides Brunel and Pliny.

All have got features that distinguish them from the other four.

The front page is always in Pliny.

Where is everyone?

Post 17

Gnomon - time to move on

Santa is Researcher U12. He used to post at Christmas time but he never does anymore. I think he forget his password.

Where is everyone?

Post 18

towelshop

ITIWBS I chose alabaster but my phone (the pushy one) reverts everything back to pliny

Gnomon I've tried to tell my phone not to be so pushy but it ignores my then gets mardie and refuses to let me make or receive calls or text messages and also blocks my emails smiley - wah

Where is everyone?

Post 19

ITIWBS

I know what you mean, towelshop, the vzw ellipsis 7 tablet I'm using at the moment is making difficulties about searching gutenberg.org.

Where is everyone?

Post 20

Bluebottle

I don't have internet access at weekends, only Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5pm and Fridays 8:30am-4:30pm.smiley - winkeye

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more