A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Music in Your Head

Post 1

Yael Smith

Does anyone else have music playing in their head? I have a whole soundtrack to my life. God help me, I get the most cheesy songs for fooling about and making love...

Go on, people! Confession time! Bring out the track list...

smiley - winkeye
Elly

Music in Your Head

Post 2

Winter - Formerly Plastic Rock Chick

You want them all??

Music in Your Head

Post 3

grr

Anyone remember las ketchup song?
Now every time I pick up tomato sauce, all I can hear in my head is " i say a hey, aha, a hey etc..."

Music in Your Head

Post 4

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - musicalnote The voices in my head smiley - musicalnote Dennis Leary

Actually Los (Las?) Ketchup always reminds me of a friend of mine (she's one very, very sad individualsmiley - laugh)

Music in Your Head

Post 5

grr

I was trying to remember the dance, just to see what happened if I worked in a fast food place and started singing and dancing everytime someone wanted ketchup.smiley - laugh I'm another one of those sad individuals smiley - laugh

Music in Your Head

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

It's usually a weird mix of "There's nothing like a Dame" over "You are sixteen, going on seventeen" over "Thank heaven for little girls" over the duet guitars on the end of "Hotel California" which segue into Todd Rundgren's interpretation of Thelonious Monk's "Round Midnight" over a Philip Glass arpeggiation over Robert Johnson singing "I'm going to my sweet home Chicago in the land of Califernia"
which becomes ZZ Top playing George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", with Brian Eno at the piano.

Of course, this is accompanied by a video montage featuring groucho marx playing the guitar, Ian Fleming reading Proust, and Mae West massaging a leek.

Music in Your Head

Post 7

A Super Furry Animal

Hmm. Mine is usually the song that's been playing on the radio at around the time I leave the house in the morning. So I try to listen to a good radio station so as not to get an annoying earworm.

Today's was Raoul, by The Automatic, which I nwas entirely happy with.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Music in Your Head

Post 8

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I regularly get 'Monster', but usually replace the word 'Monster' with 'Lobster', 'Rodger' or 'Vodka' when singing it on the the way to the photocopier.

Music in Your Head

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

It does tend to change, probably related to which songs I've heard last. Like you, Elly, there's a song popping up in my head for nearly every situation in life.
Songs that keep popping into my head atm for no particular reason include:
Perfect 10 (Beautiful South)
The Life of Riley (The Lightning Seeds)
If you're not the one (Daniel Bedingfield)
Sail away With Me (David Gray)
Driftwood (Travis)

and so on, the list is endless.

Music in Your Head

Post 10

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

>Perfect 10 (Beautiful South)<

By the left, B'Elana, The Beautiful South pop into my head all the time!

Actually loads of songs pop into my head, all the time. I usually have to go home and find the cd/tape/LP and listen to the whole album smiley - biggrin 'Deep Enough' by Live is there at the mo (but I did find the CD earlier, so that could be the reason)

Music in Your Head

Post 11

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

At work I have a tendency to play air bass on the way to the printer so Pink Floyd's 'Money' and Dee-Lite's 'Groove Is In The Heart' are regularly bouncing around in my noggin.

Music in Your Head

Post 12

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Funny, I have a tendency to play tenor stapler...

Music in Your Head

Post 13

A Super Furry Animal

For some reason, I always sing "Picture This" when I'm showering of a morning.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Music in Your Head

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - rofl
I don't know the song title, but I'm now trying to avoid to 'Picture this' smiley - tongueout

Music in Your Head

Post 15

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

smiley - fullmoon

Music in Your Head

Post 16

Cookiecate

Yesterday, I found myself humming and ocassionally singing 42nd Street, dunno why.

Music in Your Head

Post 17

Yael Smith

Well, the sex music is nobody's business but mine (not even my husband's- yes, it's that badsmiley - blush) but at the moment it's Whiter Shade of Pale - Annie Lennox' version, probably because I am feeling kinda seasick...smiley - ill
Like B'el, it seems to change with my mood and I sometimes laugh at the songs that come into my head. This also makes me join in at times, which, to the untrained ear, might seem like I'm singing a song from the middle.
I also go for classical music sometimes, so that's even stranger.

Music in Your Head

Post 18

Lonnwy

I've got Mika's song, Grace Kelly, going round in my head,

"I can be brown, I can be blue, etc"

Reminds me of a wonderful friend of mine sat on the worktop in his kitchen, while we were painting the walls, and singing it at the top of his voice!! smiley - laugh Brilliant!! smiley - somersault

L x smiley - rose

Music in Your Head

Post 19

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Generally the last piece of music I hear as I leave the house in a morning gets lodged in my head. This morning it was "Oh Geno" by Dexy's Midnight Runners.

What was annoying was that the kids used to watch a tv programme called "Bodger and Badger" which has a really annoying theme tune, and this would usually be playing as I left the house (fortunately no longer). I would deliberately put loud music on the stereo as I left to drown that out.
One day I got to work, with "I want to Break Free" safely on continual loop. I found there was a voicemail on my phone. I checked it, only to find the kids singing the bl**dy theme tune at me!!

Music in Your Head

Post 20

Cookiecate

I watched Lee Evans the other night at Wembley, when he ended the show singing with his dad on stage. It was a very moving moment and I can't get the song out of my head.

Key: Complain about this post