A Conversation for GIRR

You should be ignoring this....

Post 1

MadMunk?¿

What are you reading this for????? I thought you were ignoring me.....

Post 2

parlau

Well I am ignoring you, I read your message with closed eyes.

AG

Post 3

MadMunk?¿

That's very clever... I wish i could do that.... smiley - winkeye

Post 4

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Madmunk - was not ignoring you, just couldn't get to my computer for a bit. Want to clear the air - GIRR is not meant to offend. I have reworded the end note on my GIRR page, perhaps it is now clearer. To save you the bother of going to read it:

NOTE: GIRR is an entirely friendly, non-violent protest. We do not harass those who keep HTML secrets, nor do we stop interacting with them. In fact, GIRR respects everyone's right to keep a secret. However, we are not interested in learning the secrets! We are not ignoring the researchers themselves - we are ignoring the capability to add referenced researchers to our margins. If you are a researcher who has a HTML secret on your page, I do not call on you to reveal that secret. GIRR does not want to know! Rather, if you support what we are doing, remove your margin information and join us, until the secret is available to all. Thank you.

The key points: 1)friendly protest 2)non-violent protest 3)respect your right to keep a secret

GIRR also gives me something else to do....

Post 5

MadMunk?¿

Actually, TV'sFrink, I was not offended by GIRR at all, I saw it for what it was, another way to sign up people for a harmless bit of funsmiley - smiley. I did not right my 'response' aimed at GIRR, more at what Zachsmind said, and although i agree with some of his points to a certain extent, i was a bit offended when he said something about 'these people (ie, the knowers of the secret) are just holding up the system, and see it as nothing more than a game'. And i'm not easily offended, but that sorta hit me. Never Mind, whats done is done, and I'd rather just forget about it...
No hard feelings, whatsover. smiley - winkeye

Post 6

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Good deal.

I'm with you in that I agree with some of what Zach said, but some of it went too far. I actually sort of kind of might have mentioned the HTML secrecy in his field critic forum, which is what got him started. Whoops. One thing you must say about Zach, he makes sure you know which side of the fence he is on.

I prefer to waffle.

Post 7

RhymeMe

Blueberry waffles or strawberry? I prefer pecan myself, with a splash of maple syrup.

Post 8

Zach Garland

I used to straddle the fence, but the fence is made of wood and no one got around to sanding it down. I for one hate getting splinters up my butt. So I am rather opinionated, except for when I'm not. At which point I'm decidedly and purposefully indecisive. ...I think.

Post 9

MadMunk?¿

That's a definate maybe.... smiley - winkeye

Post 10

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Key: Complain about this post