This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Some progress

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I managed to do almost all the things listed as "upcoming" in my previous Journal. Specifically, the Gnurse redressed my legs, finally allowing me to put a pressure stocking back onto one of them, smiley - nursesmiley - ok the woman from Wiltshire Farms delivered both my "Meals on Wheels" and the extra-special Xmas meals, smiley - chefsmiley - drool and Aidan took away all my glassware and tins for recycling. smiley - cool I managed to talk him into making a permanent arrangement, where he takes the recycling away once a month, and I slip him £10 for his petrol and a beer. smiley - evilgrin

The only holdup has been one of the self-storage places. I filled in a huge form asking for an "instant online quote". When I submitted it I got a message saying "Your quote will be emailed to you within 24 hours". smiley - facepalm This morning the email has arrived, with no actual quote attached, just a message saying "Your local representative will call you". smiley - wah I wanted to be able to compare all the prices *yesterday*. smiley - grr

I watched "Grimm", "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" and "NCIS". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more