This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Late; good excuse this time.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

About halfway through dialysis yesterday I dozed off. When I awoke, my left hand was white, ice-cold and I couldn't move my fingers. smiley - yikes The "Fistula" in my left elbow had cut the circulation to my hand dramatically. smiley - blue

The nurses on duty weren't particularly concerned. smiley - nurse They told me to just exercise the fingers and stuck me on an Oxygen mask to ensure that what little blood that was getting through was Oxygen-rich. smiley - brave

Eventually, I was able to move my fingers again, but everything I touched felt like rough sandpaper and I had virtually no grip - I couldn't even hold the weight of my spectacles. smiley - geeksmiley - wah

Getting up the stairs when I got home was problematic, as my stick was more of an encumbrance than an aid. And I had to get Tony, the ambulance driver, to go up ahead of me and unlock the door, as finding the key in the dark* with one dead hand just wasn't practical.

(*I;ve 'phoned the Council to complain about the lack of proper stair lighting. It'll take them a month to do anything about it, by which time they will have unboarded the windows again... smiley - eurekasmiley - cross)

My fingers are better today, but I still have very little strength in them, and my thumb is still buggered. smiley - ok

I got home in time to watch "Doctor Who" smiley - tardis and "Killer Joe". smiley - skull

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more