This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Late; my fault this time. @'.'@

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I just couldn't stay awake last night. My eyes closed two or three times while I was watching Graham Norton, but I don't think I missed too much. smiley - sleepysmiley - online2long

My pal Aidan finally showed up last night, claiming he had no knowledge I had been trying to get hold of him. Either he's been exceptionally drunk in the last few pub quizzes (possible smiley - drunk) or my dozy friend Grambo just repeatedly forgot to pass the message on. (Far more likely... smiley - cross)

But anyjoo... I managed to have a discussion with him about my need for a new PHP Guru smiley - geek and he's going to talk to a couple of people on my behalf. smiley - grovelsmiley - geek

Earlier in the day I had a visit from the District Gnurse and two guys from the Council cleansing department. The Council guys took away most of my recycling, but the first thing they said was "We don't do glass." smiley - wahsmiley - emptysmiley - emptysmiley - empty

The Gnurse came back around teatime to drop off my prescription, along with a box of Paracetamol, as my arm was killing me all day smiley - cry and the hospital hadn't given me any painkillers. smiley - nursesmiley - brave

I watched about a third of "Would I Lie to You" before Aidan arrived, followed by "Lewis", "QI" and "The Graham Norton Show". smiley - cdouble

My arm still hurts this morning, but only about a third as much as yesterday. I'll take a paracetamol with my diuretics before I head out for dialysis. smiley - erm

Oh, and I 'phoned the Council to complain about the lack of stair lighting since they boarded up the windows. smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more