This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

What an absolute bloody cock-up.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

And it's all my fault. smiley - facepalm

When I was at the nephrology clinic a few weeks ago, my surgeon finished off by looking at the calander on his computer. He told me that I'd be going in for my op. tomorrow, but the calander was "locked" so he couldn't print anything out. He said he'd put a confirmation letter in the post. smiley - doctorsmiley - simpost

I got the confirmation letter attached to a small sheaf of forms which I duly filled in and returned to the hospital, then I spent the best part of the last week shuffling my life around, arranging extra dialysis times etc. smiley - run

Except two hours before the taxi arrived to take me to dialysis, one of my doctors called... She asked me to re-read my appointment letter. The op. is *next week*. smiley - doctorsmiley - wah

I felt such a bloody idiot. The letter started up something like "This is to confirm our discussion..." and I didn't read any further down. smiley - doh So, everything I did to get ready for this week I'm going to have to do again next week, and I had to put in a Tesco home delivery order for 9am-10am tomorrow morning, as I originally thought I wouldn't get any shopping this week but had *just* enough to carry me through till next; with the appointments next week it'd be two weeks before I could get any more shopping ordered. smiley - chef And I couldn't even order a drink to help me get over it all, as they won't let you order alcohol for deliveries before 10am, and I have to be out for the ambulance tomorrow at five to eleven so I can't book the later slot. smiley - emptysmiley - cry

Since I suddenly had a free afternoon, I called Grambo and got him to drop by to buy my last (Archos) tablet. I let him have it for £42, which is a good deal as it cost me over £80 and I only used it for a month. It still had all its packaging. smiley - geek It was a good device, but the screen was a tad dim for me, and the battery life could have been better. smiley - erm

I watched "Chicago PD" and "Scott & Bailey". smiley - cdouble

I've had the heating on for two hours smiley - brr so I'm going to have a cozy night in the armchair. smiley - sleepy

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

At least it wasn't for 'LAST' week! smiley - yikes

Put this down as a trial run, hunny smiley - hug

lil xx

Post 3

smee

Well, exactly. You’re only human Peet, so don't beat yourself up too much, eh?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more