This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Three steps forward, one really huge step back.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

*After* I had arranged to rent an office space from the Council to sort through all my boxes in, (they had even made arrangements for me to pick up the lease to sign) they started backtracking, first on the handrail I had enquired about on the crounds of "disabled access", then this morning I got an email saying "the offices are strictly for businesses so your domestic storage use precludes you from renting one". smiley - facepalmsmiley - wah

That's a week's worth of organising the move, plus a deposit on a self-storage that I wrote off when they agreed to rent to me, wasted. smiley - grr

And now it'll probably be at least a month before I get to my own bed again. smiley - cry

I have the majority of this afternoon and evening to make any "arrangements" I can, 'cos other than Sunday I'm "booked solid" for the next week. Dialysis tomorrow, nurse, followed by dentist on Monday, normal dialysis on Tuesday, extra dialysis at a time I've not yet been informed of on Wednesday, operation on my left arm on Thursday, and nurse again on Friday while I recover from the General Anaesthetic. smiley - zzz

I've got to get a load of washing through today, so I can tumble-dry them before Sunday. Other "domestic" stuff can wait. smiley - blue

I watched "Mock the Week" and half of "8 out of 10 Cats" last night. smiley - sleepysmiley - cdouble

Post 2

Bald Bloke

Oh Bollocks
That sounds like a right cock up.
Will the self storage place still honour your deposit if you go back there?

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Probably not. At least it was only £25. To be honest, I don't have the energy to chase it up anyway. I won't be able to do anything about this until after next week's operation... smiley - nursesmiley - sleepysmiley - doctor

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more