This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Bloody interruptions.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Today was *supposed* to be my first clear day to myself for nearly two weeks. Was it buggery. smiley - grr

Before I'd even finished getting dressed I had a long and confusing 'phone call from someone I thought was one of my nurses, but who only at the end of the call I realised was a social worker. smiley - facepalm She introduced herself as "Marcie (or somesuch) from the District Team". The District Gnurses also refer to themselves as the "District Team" on the 'phone... smiley - headhurts

I finally got up, cleared my mind and set about doing the first three things that I needed to do without distraction. It was all going well; I was about two hours into a three hour "session", and things were going to plan. I took a toilet break, and not long after I sat down, the doorbell went. smiley - cross

It was a District Gnurse who was blissfully unaware that I had been *promised* they wouldn't disturb me today. smiley - steam By the time we'd finished our exchange at the door she had "broken the magic" and all the threads that I'd been turning over in my mind were gone. smiley - grr

I let her change one of my leg dressings. smiley - crosssmiley - nurse After she had gone, I had to start *everything* from the beginning again, both wasting an entire morning and losing a whole afternoon that I originally had lined up for housework. Which is ironic 'cos the social worker called back and said she and a woman from the Council were coming round on Monday to "see what they could do to help". I replied "You know what would help most? Stop coming round and give me a little peace to work!"... smiley - grr

All in all it was a pretty crappy day, topped off by a 'phone call from my Sister to tell me that my Mother has taken a turn for the worse, and the people at the hospital don't think she's ever going to make it back home. smiley - cry

I've had the TV on and off all day, but I really wasn't paying much attention to it. I think I watched "Mellissa and Joey", "Charmed", "Moviejuice" and "Would I Lie to You". I'll watch "The Graham Norton Show" in 25 minutes or so, and then I'll crash. smiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepysmiley - zzz

Oh, and thanks to that bloody nurse I must remember to spray Febreeze over my two least-sweaty shirts from the washing pile, as I didn't manage to load the machine today and I'll need two shirts before my next opportunity. smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more