This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

[Cough][Cough]

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I am feeling a lot better this morning, but the cough still catches me by surprise. smiley - ill

I overslept by an hour, but that was just compensation for the three times the cough woke me in the night. smiley - sleepy

I had a house call from one of the Calsayseat doctors yesterday; she prescribed me penicillin for the inflammation in my throat and windpipe. smiley - doctorsmiley - ok Then I had a visit from a District Gnurse who I just *couldn't* get to stop asking me irrelevant questions, even though she acknowledged that she understood that I found coughing extremely painful, and trying to talk would produce a coughing fit. smiley - grrsmiley - nurse

I spent most of the rest of the day flopped in the armchair, not fit to get up. The computer was on for a good ten hours before I was able to cross the room to shut it down; I was in no state to write a Journal last night. smiley - sorry

I watched "Only Connect", "New Tricks", "Kevin Bridges: What's the story?" and "Live at the Apollo". smiley - cdouble

[Cough][Cough]

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

You need a good strong opiate to cure that cough, Peet. I know a man.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more