This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Long day, bad news.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It was another dialysis day today, and I felt rotten when I got up. smiley - ill

I dragged myself through dialysis and eventually got home just after sunset. I managed to go to the toilet, then as I came out the 'phone in the living room started ringing. I crashed about in the dark to get it. It was my sister. smiley - erm

I immediately feared the worst. Mother is dying of cancer, and the last time I heard from her she didn't sound well at all. smiley - grovelsmiley - skull

But it wasn't *quite* that bad. smiley - brave Mother had been admitted to hospital in Aberdeen. I called the hospital, and apparently she was just admitted for an infection, and some IV antibiotics and fluids should turn her round and get her home in a few days - the cancer hadn't progressed. smiley - puffsmiley - nurse

Annoyingly, I'll be the other side of a car park from her tomorrow morning, but there's no way I can get across to see her. smiley - cry I have an appointment in a different building on the same campus, but the Patient Transport will just take me straight home afterwards.smiley - bussmiley - blue

I didn't watch any TV in the ward because I felt too tired and ill. I don't know if I'll watch anything tonight - I finished "Andromeda" and there's nothing I really fancy. Oooh, wait a minute. I'll watch a "Miss Fisher Murder Mystery" before I crash. smiley - online2longsmiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more