This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Feet and stuff.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I had a podiatry appointment this morning. Whicr ran long into the afternoon. smiley - facepalm This time it wasn't the fault of patient transport - the ambulance was waiting outside nfor me both when I left the house and when I finished my appointment - but rather the fact they were running forty minutes late, then the appointment took nearly half an hour longer than planned. smiley - bravesmiley - nurse

And I have to go back *next* Friday. smiley - blue

But my feet seem to be healing. smiley - footprintssmiley - ok

An 8-way mains adapter with four USB ports arrived from DX.com today. Broken. And I can't find its order number on their system, nor can I find the email confirming the order, so I can't just fill in a form to get a replacement. smiley - headhurts

I spend a large part of the late afternoon "tweaking" my Archos tablet, to reduce both its battery and bandwidth use. I might have figured out how to get the best part of an hour extra, as long as I remmeber to turn off the 3G when I'm watching videos. smiley - grovelsmiley - magic

And I gave up on trying to fix the large laptop I got through the post earlier in the week, and instead turned it over to North-East Peripherals so they can give it the once-over. That'll cost me the best part of £40 even if they can't fix it, but it's a beast of a machine (17" screen and *two* hard drive bays!) so it's probably worth it. smiley - geek

I watched "Andromeda", "Law & Order" and "The Last Leg". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more