This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Late again. Bugger.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I got off dialysis at a relatively reasonable time last night (8pm-ish) but due to bad communications with the Red Cross, who I *thought* were coming back for me, but didn't, I didn't actually get home till 10pm. smiley - facepalmsmiley - sleepy

Earlier in the day I was at the Podiatry clinic. My feet are leaking pus again. smiley - yuk I'm back on the intravenous antibiotics (in theory, I should never have been off of them - the Podiatry department asked the doctor for a three week prescription, but only a two week one was issued smiley - grrsmiley - doctor) and because the feet have become "leaky" I'm also on a separate course of antibiotic tablets. smiley - bravesmiley - nurse

It's currently Friday morning, and my metabolism is all over the place after the last three days. I don't know if I'm going to get anything "useful" done today, but I've already spent some money on a "Bundle" of 6,000-odd fonts for my "Design" Mac. smiley - artistsmiley - geek

I watched "The Bridge US" in the ward, and "Covert Affairs" when I got home yesterday. smiley - online2long

Late again. Bugger.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Six thousand fonts! smiley - yikes

Late again. Bugger.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's not quite as much as it sounds. "Normal", "Italic", "Bold", "Bold Italic", "Condensed", "Condensed Italic", "Condensed Bold", and "Condensed Boldf Italic", "Wide", "Wide Italic", "Wide Bold" and "Wide Bold Italic" versions of a single trpeface count as 12 different fonts, so it's closer to 500 typefaces. smiley - artistsmiley - geek

Late again. Bugger.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

OK. Even so, 500 fonts is an awful lot. My favourite font is Impact.

Late again. Bugger.

Post 5

They come with licences to install them on up to ten machines, and to use them in as many "projects" as I like. Not bad for something like £16. smiley - 2cents And that included a Mac "Font Manager" that lets me preview, install and remove them on the fly. smiley - artist

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more