This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Yesterday was mostly crap.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I gained access to my neighbour's building so I could ring their internal doorbell. Still no answer. I have a feeling the package might be the two laptop batteries I sent to the States for, arrived a week early, smiley - headhurts

I arrived at hospital exactly on time to get my lunch, only to be told that nobody expected me so they had already given it away to someone else. smiley - wah I had to wait half an hour for them to get another lunch up from the kitchens. smiley - chefsmiley - brave

Then my dialysis machine started "erroring" - if I cleared my throat, coughed or sometimes as much as took a deep breath it would go off like a car horn next to my ear. smiley - facepalm It turned out the problem was that I was "dry", i.e. had too little extra fluid in my system due to sweating etc., which had meant my blood was much thicker than usual. Eventually this led to a clot inside the machine causing them to have to dismantle it and lose s "cycle" of blood. smiley - vampire

If that wasn't enough in terms of extending my stay, I was well over an hour late in getting the antibiotics I need to "save my feet". smiley - blue The reason? They were waiting for some blood work to come back from a lab in Dundee, and had just discovered that nobody had sent it off yet. smiley - cross And it took that long for me to find a doctor willing to prescribe it on the assumption that I wouldn't still have a dangerous overdose building up in my system after *three days*. smiley - ermsmiley - doctor

So, after all that, I was about two hours late in getting home. smiley - puff

But there I found the one good point of the day - my new silk bedding had arrived! smiley - wowsmiley - cool

I watched "Murder in the First", "Hot in Cleveland", "Utopia" and "Ray Donovan" in the ward, and the next episode of "Utopia" when I got home. smiley - cdouble Then I made the bed and crashed for a really good night's sleep in my silk bedding. smiley - zzzsmiley - ok (Which is why I didn't get round to posting a Journal... smiley - blush)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more