This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Slogging over a hot keyboard.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I've spent most of today sitting at this computer, moving and copying files to clean up the /home directory by moving any folder that I haven't looked inside this year over to my NAS's "Data" backup directory. smiley - geeksmiley - puff

So, far, I've cleared up the best part of 250GB from a 400GB drive. smiley - wowsmiley - ok

All I need to do now is defrag the drive when the last file has finished moving. smiley - facepalm Which is why I'm posting my Journal early. It could take hours. smiley - erm

I'm doing all this because I need to re-download all my 3D Objects etc. from the e-on Software (Vue 3D) website. smiley - artist They all have a "downloads count" which, once it reaches zero demands you pay them again, and one that was down to "2" earlier failed to download and is down to the last attempt. smiley - headhurts I want to minimise the possibility of the last attempt failing. smiley - brave

Once I've got everything downloaded I'll burn two copies to DVD, one to use and one backup. smiley - magic

I haven't watched any TV today yet, but I have had several naps while waiting for 2-hour "File Moves" to complete. smiley - sleepy

I plan to watch "Hemlock Grove" and "Andromeda" before the night is out. smiley - cdouble

Slogging over a hot keyboard.

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Well, I grossly overestimated that - it only took twenty minutes! smiley - ok

I'll leave the "proper" download till tomorrow, though. I've got sausages under the grill, and I was planning to eat them with a smiley - cider-and-Vodka chaser whilke I watch "Hemlock Grove". smiley - online2longsmiley - drunk

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more