This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Posting early, off to watch TV while waiting for a big download.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The day didn't quite go entirely to plan. smiley - doh

I thought it was going to be the first day I would have to myself in over two weeks. I dressed sloppily, had a messy lunch and set about working on the new laptop. I was copying some large files from my main Hackintosh onto a memory stick, and it was going to take over an hour so I switched the lights off, wrapped myself in a duvet like a cuccoon and had a nap. smiley - zzz

Except about forty minutes later the door buzzer went. smiley - yikessmiley - run

I had a bit of a struggle to disentangle myself and get to the door in the dark. It was my pal George. smiley - brave I enjoy his visits, I just wish he had picked a different day. My next chance to have a day to myself will now be... next Sunday. smiley - facepalm

George stayed for an hour or so, and showed me his spiffy new camera. Unfortunately he couldn't demo it because the battery ran out two minutes after I turned it on. smiley - doh I'll be going round to Bisset and Hazel's tomorrow night, assuming I feel up to it, for the first time since I started dialysis, so I'll probably get another chance to see it there. smiley - ok

The other reason he came round was to slip me a tenner to buy my old "Sonos" wi-fi radio. It never had the battery life that I needed, but it seems to be working fine for him. smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote

After he left I set about copying my "Vue 7" installation onto the Hackintosh running on the new laptop. All went reasonably well, except I can't "activate" it till I "deactivate" the copy on the other machine, and I can't for the life of me find that option anywhere. smiley - headhurtssmiley - wah

Currently, the laptop Hackintosh is getting a "free upgrade" to OSX Mavericks 9.4! smiley - wow It'll take a few hours, but if it works it'll be well worth it. smiley - pirate

In the meantime, I'm going to shut this machine down and watch some Netflix. smiley - cdouble The download is so slow it won't affect my bandwidth. smiley - laugh Otherwise, I haven't watched any TV today yet. smiley - yawn

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

I'm still using the Revo Blik I bought because I saw you had one and liked it, Peet. I use it a lot these days. I'm very pleased, because for a long time I never used it. I used to use it in Stirling, then when I moved here I listened to local FM radio for a couple of years. But these days I listen to KARN News Talk Radio. I enjoy it very much. It's got Rush on. I like Rush.

Yeah! The only thing I don't much like about the Blik is the user interface. But to satisfy me you'd have to have a monitor attached. smiley - silly

Take it easy mate.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm using my Blik again. I bought a radio with a pretty interface to replace it, but it was a lemon and kept losing the wi-fi password about once a week, so in the end I gave it to George. smiley - headhurts

I hugely improved the Blik by cutting up some sticky rubber "feet" and gluing them to the buttons I use the most, meaning I can now reach behind my head and tell what button my finger's on by feel. smiley - ok (It's at the head of my bed... smiley - zzz)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more