A Conversation for Godot

waiting

Post 1

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

You were expecting something else? Like the meaning of life, the universe, and everything...????

waiting

Post 2

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

I love it ! I love it! I love it!
BTW I love it!!
Godot says he loves it too!!!
But I love it more ....

It captures his personality perfectly!! The nuances and subtlety of his perspicacity are truly elucidated by the innate probity of the offering. Godot has just left - he has an imminent assignation to bang some rocks together

waiting

Post 3

I've been away.
I'm back now.

Wonder if Godot went to lunch with the h2g2 staff...

waiting

Post 4

Well, shall we go?

waiting

Post 5

Godot DID say Saturday, didn't he???

waiting

Post 6

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Godot and I had a lovely time - where were you??? We waited but you never turned up - Was that Munk person leading you astray again???
Godot says G'Day .........

waiting

Post 7

Dang! Missed Godot [and you] again...

Just don't tell him about my penchant for Welsh dragons. You know how he gets.

waiting

Post 8

billypilgrim

Excuse me. Erm (cough), sorry to interrupt, but.... have you been here long...? Because I could have SWORN he said this corner. And I've been here since half seven. Standing around. So, have you seen him? Well, last time -I- make a blind date. Imagine, being stood up like that.

waiting

Post 9

Toker

Right then, Billy, I'll be Vladamir and you be Estragon. Better that way round 'cos I am taller and you are more like a female hormone. We could start with the 'erection' scene.

As for you, your majesty. Has to be Pozzo. Can you play at being bossy, loud, selfish, opinionated etc?

All we need now is a Lucky. Pretty easy to find around here, I would have thought. Any suitable slobbering wrecks you know?

waiting

Post 10

billypilgrim

Erm, having never read "Waiting For Godot" (only sat around here for bloody ages. It WAS this corner, wasn't it...?), I am at a serious disadvantage here, I'm afraid.

As for slobbering wrecks, I think I could find a few...

waiting

Post 11

Toker

Best not to read it. Has to be seen. Just practice these lines. I Best seen rather than read. Learn your lines. I shall test you later.

V ..what shall we do now
E Wait
V Yes, but while waiting
E What about hanging ourselves?
V Hmmm. It'd give us an erection!
E (highly excited) An erection!
V With all that follows. Where it falls mandrakes grow,
That's why they shriek when you pull them up.
Did you not know that?
E Lets hang ourselves immediately.

Can we go back to the beach now, Bill?
Can we go back to the beach now, Bill.

waiting

Post 12

billypilgrim

Erm..... are you SURE that's right, Toker? I mean, about the autoerotic asphyxiation bit and all. I mean, it seems unlikely. But then, I've never seen it. I mean Waiting For Godot. Or autoerotic asphyxiation, either, come to think of it. So perhaps you should go back and check, and see if that's REALLY what they say. I'll be waiting at the beach for you. BluDragon's about to start a story...

waiting

Post 13

Gusto

A friend of mine and I were driving through a resort town in Missouri when we passed a place called Godot's Ice Cream. "So that's where he's been all this time!" I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard.

waiting

Post 14

So THAT'S where he's been...

}:=8

waiting

Post 15

Toker

blu, I have been sitting here quietly for 14 weeks ..... then you two turn up.

waiting

Post 16

you did say saturday, didn't you?

waiting

Post 17

billypilgrim

(sigh)

I was here waiting for ages. And then I waited at the beach a bit longer. No one showed up there, either....

waiting

Post 18

Toker

But it is Friday, blu

waiting

Post 19

Toker

You ACES are nothing but trouble ... I have been sitting here, quietly, contemplating life, minding my own business and then all of a sudden there is a crowd .... although, as crowds go, you are not a bad one.

waiting

Post 20

you see, that's exactly the kinda thing that causes trouble

Key: Complain about this post