This is the Message Centre for Icy North

Icy Naj 30 - What I learned

Post 1

Icy North

And so ends another month of journals. I didn't quite manage 30. I was just too busy on two days and couldn't catch up. Still, I'm happy with 28. It's a month, isn't it?

As is customary, I have searched through the responses to my journals to list ten things that I learned from you:

1. Nighthoover lives on Rockall.

2. Recumbentman completes the Sudoku puzzle simultaneously with his wife.

3. Hundreds of tons of water asteroids crash into the Earth every day. These mainly strike the oceans.

4. If Gnomon lived in the UK, he'd be classified in the consumer profiling as Garden Suburbia.

5. In TC's area of Germany, people build houses and then stay in them till they're carried out.

6. Domestic workers in a private house (eg a cleaner or au pair) aren’t entitled to rest breaks for health and safety reasons.

7. Existential literature fails utterly because it cannot be other than written by an author for a purpose.

8. Cactuscafe's brother owned a haunted bookshop

9. Dylan Thomas's last words were, 'I have just drunk 18 shots of whisky, I think that might be a record.'

10. The Americans invented straightforward crosswords; the United Kingdomites took the concept and twisted it.

smiley - cheers Icy

Post 2

Recumbentman

Bravo smiley - applause

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm not sure that Nighthoover actually does live on Rockall. Other than that, smiley - ok

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You left out John Jacob Astor the IVth's comment about the Tuitanic's collision with that iceberg: "I know I asked for ice, but this is ridiculous."*

*Almost certainly apocryphal, but there were no surviving witnesses to corroborate.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Icy North

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more