This is the Message Centre for Deb

Tis the Season again

Post 1

Deb

It's Christmas again...two years on since my last journal posting, that's just lazy smiley - biggrin

Lovely day yesterday. I had a leisurely morning opening the dog's (many) presents and my own few, eating crumpets with real butter (Lurpak if you're interested smiley - drool) and bramble jam, and walking the dog on the local field, merry christmassing with the other dog walkers.

Then it was off to my brother's to spend the day with him, my lovely sister-in-law, my niece, my two nephews, my mum & my stepdad. The kids were delighted with their presents, the lunch table was groaning with food (joint effort between my SIL, my mum & I) and we played some party games that had us laughing out loud smiley - biggrin. Really enjoyable. I do love my family smiley - love

Today I'll be going to my mum & step-dad's for another family get-together and buffet. This time we'll all be joined by my two step-brothers, one with his fiancee. We all get along nicely so I'm expecting another pleasant, convivial day.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with an old friend. As we only get together two or three times a year our catch-ups are always long and chatty, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Then I get the couple of days I look forward to all year - three whole days to chill at home on the sofa with the dog, binge-watching box sets and binge eating turkey fajitas and christmas chocolate. Sod the diet until the new year smiley - puff

Merry Christmas to whoever's reading this, and wishes for a good 2017. I think the celebrity world will breathe a sigh of relief when this year is over. So many much-loved celebs have moved on this year - for some reason I was hardest hit by Alan Rickman, his was the only death to actually make me cry smiley - cry. Not sure what that was all about really. I'm hoping George Michael was the last.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Tis the Season again

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I picked up my father on the way to my brother's house for Christmas. Later that night one of the crowns from my teeth fell out. I'm back home now, so I'll need to have it glued back in.

Tis the Season again

Post 3

Deb

These things always seem to happen at inconvenient times smiley - sadface

Deb smiley - cheerup

Tis the Season again

Post 4

Part of the tooth broke off, so new crowns and bridges are needed. smiley - wah

Tis the Season again

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

things like that, with the tooth, always happen at the worse time possible! - my achievment this year, was not ending up in A&E on Christmas or boxing day smiley - laugh Hope the tooth repair is easy and painless smiley - grovelsmiley - goodluck

Tis the Season again

Post 6

Easy and painless [well, relatively so] can be arranged. Inexpensive can't.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deb

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more