This is the Message Centre for Deb

NaJoPoMo 2014 Day 22 - Aftermath

Post 1

Deb

Today I decided to write about a news report I saw on TV last night, one of those lovely little ones they stick at the end of local news. I've just spent 10 minutes looking for a link but I can only find the original story:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/11/18/cold-hearted-thieves-tear-through-wolverhampton-nursery-school-and-steal-900-raised-by-pupils-for-children-in-need/

And a follow-up the next day:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/11/19/wolverhampton-nursery-school-raided-by-callous-thieves-set-to-reopen/

Basically thieves broke into a Wolverhampton nursery, causing lots of damage and stealing £900 which had been raised for Children in Need. Whilst this is an awful thing, that's not the aspect I wanted to focus on today.

Last night's news snippet showed the children happy and smiling. After learning the harsh lesson that bad things can happen, they've now been taught the lovely lesson that people can be brilliant. The local community have rallied to help, people have donated money and auction items, one person even donated a bag of coins so the children could see the money was being replaced and help count it - a very thoughtful gesture I thought.

The story really brought tears to my eyes because in these days where you see so many examples of man's inhumanity to man (not to mention animals) it's wonderful to be reminded that there are good, caring people out there who will put themselves out for other people.

And I can't find a link to that story, which I think tells us something about those who write the news.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 2

FWR

Always nice to hear of a sense of community, hope the pond life who stole the money get the future they deserve!smiley - cheers

Post 3

towelshop

Unfortunately I fear the pond life who caused this distress will probably just end up with a slap on the wrist smiley - sadface

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Let's not insult real pond life, which I consider fabulous. smiley - cool

The people who committed this vandalism and theft are *lower* than p0nd life.

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 6

Researcher 14993127

If they catch those toerags lets hope they get locked up and not just a slap on the wrist.smiley - spacesmiley - steam
Nice to see a happy ending though with communities pulling together.smiley - spacesmiley - ok

smiley - cat

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deb

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more