This is the Message Centre for Deb

Deb's NaJoPoMo Day 15 - Bands United

Post 1

Deb

I was late into work today as I went for a blood test first thing. This was wonderful as I got a lie in - I got to get up at 7am rather than 5.30, which in turn meant I got to walk the dog in daylight. It's a much nicer start to the day!

This meant I missed the usual early morning chit-chat and instead got a proper phone-in programme where they discuss a serious subject. This morning's was Baby Peter's mum's release from prison & request for anonymity. Much baying for blood ensued and I really don't want to talk about that.

The programme slot changed just as I got to work and the DJ made a comment about how earlier it had been mentioned that Busted and McFly are joining forces to become Mcbusted. Someone had texted in hoping that Dire Straits and Chris Rea didn't have the same idea smiley - rofl and I thought, yeah, I'll go with that. So here it is, folks. My top 10 bands united.

Hm, this is harder than I thought. Give me a minute...

Um, ok, here's my top, um, 4 bands united.

1. The Googoo Gagas*
2. Sex Kitten**
3. Strawberry Jam***
4. Big Byrd****

Seriously, that's all I could come up with. Three hours, on and off, I've been working on this journal and I could only come up with 4, none of which are as good as Dire Rea! I'm ashamed of myself.

Deb smiley - cheerup

* Lady Gaga + The GooGoo Dolls
** The Sex Pistols + Atomic Kitten (I'd pay good money to see that band!)
*** The Jam + Strawberry Switchblade
****The Byrds + Big Country

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Pink Floyd and Hot chocolate?

hmm... pink chocolate? smiley - erm maybe not....

Sex pistals plu hot chocolate? smiley - whistle
smiley - doh not as easy as it looks!

Post 3

Deb

It's not, is it? I thought it was going to be a great journal, I got out of the car this morning with a big grin on my face thinking about how much I was going to enjoy it, then...nothing.

I bet I'll think of another 6 at about 3am!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

I'm still thinking about it, too.... the Chris Rea dire straights one, might be an 'old' joke.... but I c't think of any, yet, that work as wll... or butter... despite the fact there oughta have been quite afew more groups in the last twenty or whatever year!smiley - laughsmiley - doh

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

You're correct, it *is* hard. I bet Icy would be able to think of some good ones and then we'd have to work out the separate bands.

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - strawberry

Post 7

Researcher 14993127

smiley - frogsmiley - spacereddit

smiley - cat

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - book

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

The only one I could think of was Radio Gaga smiley - rofl

Radiohead plus Lady Gaga smiley - ok

Post 11

Deb

Oh that's a good one!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 12

better... butter.... than any I could think of! smiley - wahsmiley - applausesmiley - grovel

Key: Complain about this post