This is the Message Centre for Pastey

That There Brewery's Too Small

Post 21

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - cool well, the wheels would certainly make a good decoration, but I'd guess he wants to keep them. You should get some Art Deco decoration anyway. Fitting to your labels. At least, if you really want to add a small bar.

Post 22

Pastey

That's the plan smiley - winkeye

Post 23

ITIWBS

Wheels!

I thought those were weight lifter's bar bells.

Post 24

Do you need to have a toilet if you have a bar? smiley - huh

Post 25

Pastey

Yes, there's one further back in the arch that I'd need to come to an arrangement with the people I'd be sharing that arch with (rather handily a beer distribution company), or get one fitted at the brewery's end.

Post 26

Certainly better to have your own if it's not too much of a problem to get the pipes and ventilation in place.

Post 27

Pastey

Well, the distribution company are looking to open up a bar themselves every Saturday, so it should be set up for it. My only concern is that customers from the brewery tap will be walking through their stock area. So I'll be needing to chat with them about it.

Longer term plan is to take on the entire arch myself anyway, with brewery at one end and bar at the other.

Post 28

Witty Moniker

It all sounds very exciting! I hope it works out for you.

Post 29

Pastey

Exciting and scary in equal measure. With scary having the larger equal measure smiley - winkeye

Post 30

Baron Grim

“If you’re not scared then you’re not taking a chance. If you’re not taking a chance then what the hell are you doing anyway?”

― Ted Mosby

I thought I half remembered a very inspirational quote that begins, "If you're not scared..." thinking it went on "...you're doing it wrong" or something like that. A quick google turned up the above. Sure, it's from _How I Met Your Mother_ (a long running sitcom here in the States that, I admit, was a guilty pleasure to watch), but it's still a good quote. It's not the one I was thinking of, but it'll do.

Post 31

So, how are things going with the brewery?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pastey

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more