This is the Message Centre for Pastey

Two Years (almost)

Post 1

Pastey

Wednesday 16th October will mark two years of h2g2 being in its new home, back home, with us.

Two years since we reopened after buying the site back from the BBC, hacking it out of their framework of code and allowing it to stand on its own again.

Two years of incredibly hard work by the volunteers to ensure that each morning the site would still be here.

I really don't think there's any other site on the internet, or every has been, where there's been such love and loyalty by those that use it. The sheer devotion to this site by the volunteers and the community at large is truly astounding, and I really hope that if Douglas Adams saw what we're doing with it, he'd be proud. Once he got over the embarrassment of our devotion smiley - winkeye

I would like to say though, to all those that helped up put together and win the bid for the site, to all those that helped transfer it, to all those that have written, picked, subbed, edited and polished entries, to all those that have looked after and all those that have joined in the community aspects, and to all those that have read our ramblings, I would like to say thank you.

We are the ones that run this site, and I hope we continue to do so smiley - cheers

Two Years (almost)

Post 2

Vip

Hear hear!

smiley - fairy

Two Years (almost)

Post 3

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ A visit to h2g2 makes my day, or evening ~ smiley - magic . .. ... .......................... . . smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Two Years (almost)

Post 4

Pastey

It does though doesn't it? Even if we just log in, have a look and a read, there's always something new worth reading.

And this place is huge! I'm supposedly the one with the keys to the code but I'm still finding new areas! smiley - smiley

Two Years (almost)

Post 5

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - yikes You remind me that I should make my scout picks! smiley - headhurtssmiley - run

For me it already seems much longer than 2 years. What did I do with my time when I was not doing volunteer stuff? smiley - huhsmiley - laugh

Two Years (almost)

Post 6

Woolly Mammoth

It's been an amazing two years: and I'm so pleased we proved able to do it. smiley - bubbly

And heres more smiley - ale because seriously dude we couldn't do this without you!

Two Years (almost)

Post 7

Researcher5

A very loud thank you from me too and Douglas would unequivocally be proud - and there is more to come I suspect...

Two Years (almost)

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

It's been a heck of a ride - and we're at this end still smiling! smiley - hero you have done an amazing job! Actually we all have.

I get all nostalgic thinking back. Like when we just learned that bbc were dropping us... and we got our act together and Saved Ourselves!

smiley - towel

Two Years (almost)

Post 9

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

raises a foon in celebrationsmiley - cake

Two Years (almost)

Post 10

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

A big vote of appreciation from the Content area here - as long as you guys keep writing, drawing, and snapping pictures, we'll always have something to share with the world! smiley - biggrin

Thanks for all the copy - but not so long! h2g2 isn't going anywhere. smiley - winkeye

Two Years (almost)

Post 11

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I'm very proud of all of us. smiley - ale

Two Years (almost)

Post 12

Witty Moniker

Oh, yes! I am also very proud of us all. To think this is all done in our spare time, it's quite an accomplishment. The future is bright.

Two Years (almost)

Post 13

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

It's good to see Researchers old and new becoming more active in areas of the Guide smiley - magic

lil smiley - bubbly *hic*

Two Years (almost)

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

I'm proud to be part of the h2g2 community too smiley - biggrin

I salute everyone who was involved with the BBC disengagement - tough times when the beeb shed all its messageboards and communities, so I just hid for a while, but others stepped up... smiley - ok

And now I do my best to support h2g2 and I'm so pleased to enjoy all the different variety of opportunities it offers smiley - ok (and collect badges smiley - laugh)and to get to know the great people here smiley - biggrin

smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

Two Years (almost)

Post 15

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - magic I can't believe it's already been two years
at the same time it feels like it's been longer smiley - erm
it really is smiley - magic to be here with everyone

smiley - bubbly

Two Years (almost)

Post 16

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I remember that day...smiley - puff

It's been fun, here's to many, many more years smiley - bubbly

Two Years (almost)

Post 17

Researcher 14993127

Congratulations and well done to everyone involved, whoever and wherever you are. smiley - spacesmiley - ok

smiley - bubblysmiley - spacesmiley - bubblysmiley - winekeysmiley - spacesmiley - pggb

smiley - cat

Two Years (almost)

Post 18

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

I smiley - love h2g2 . It adds the finishing touch to my day. .. ... ......................... . . smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Key: Complain about this post