This is the Message Centre for Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

I am too slow . . .

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Currently only some 8 hours active is enough for two days smiley - ill.

Even Bel gets agitated by my posting smiley - sadface

I am too slow for anything . . . watching smiley - island penguins on the BBC.

I am too slow . . .

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Better slow than not at all. So many people have left; it's good that you're still here.

I am too slow . . .

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

glad you are around mate smiley - smiley

I am too slow . . .

Post 4

Traveller in Time smiley - tit checking clock
"Yup, it is New Year

< F21546918?thread=8315084 >
>>In the New Year, I am proposing that we sort out some kind of big “open forum” Q&A session where Brian and I will do our best to answer questions and indeed listen to good suggestions from as wide a base of Researchers who wish to participate as we can. We won’t have all the answers by any means and where we just don’t yet know we will simply say so.

Waiting for an announcement and a frontpage link. "

I am too slow . . .

Post 5

ITIWBS

Waiting for the front page link.

Number one concern, though is the point that Pliny lacks working 'save' and 'autosave' controls on the composition box, making it impossible to use preview, at any rate for anything more than 2 or 3 paragraphs, to use "preview" without losing one's copy.

I think this is probably strongly discouraging new users who don't know how to move over to Ripley, so serious problem that there ought to be warnings and directions up on the problem, techniques to avoid losing copy to the Pliny composition box bugs.

I am too slow . . .

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Number 2 concern is that the Pliny editor changes the entries as you edit them eventually destroying them so serious writers use Ripley. But Ripley is only licensed until the end of 2016. We were supposed to have moved everybody over to Pliny by then.

I am too slow . . .

Post 7

Traveller in Time smiley - tit not publicly counting down
"Thought the technical issues where 'known' and not for discussion.
(NB the preview/crash also goes for postings)

Why would newbees stick around ?
What has this site to offer ? (wordgames, publishing their work, . . . )

In the past many newbees where already scared off after they realized the idea is to write proper sentences. Often until they found out this was only for the Edited Guide.

There are several hurdles and near to none reward. "

I am too slow . . .

Post 8

Traveller in Time smiley - tit still amazed by the diversity of the oeuvre
"Major Tom
Ziggy Stardust
The Thin White Duke
Alien
Major Celliers
Jareth, The Goblin King
Pontius Pilate
Nikola Tesla

Two different coloured eyes, most often some special hair style.
The Chameleon (with outstanding instead of blending colours)
David Robert Jones also known as David Bowie

Self reinventer, mask behind mask, making music just a little different from any existing genre. Always on the edge.

Every show with some potential of bringing information does mention his dead. Even normally fully automated stations as MTV (just a continuous overlay announcement) and even the automated random music of BMIR now has only a selection of his work.

Could have added this in one of the many conversations about him. Could have stared a new Journal, just did not want to bother 'the other researchers' with another waiting post. "

I am too slow . . .

Post 9

Traveller in Time smiley - tit watching television (the old broadcast system thingy)
"'Waterrat' (son of 16year) is tonight on national television (a cooking show about anything but smiley - chefs)

You may recognize him by not being recognisable, a grey smiley - mouse, black hair half over his face, somewhere in the background, seemingly not really paying attention. "

I am too slow . . .

Post 10

Traveller in Time smiley - tit after watching frame by frame
"Can not find him anywhere, perhaps he can find himself.

Also did not recognise any of his teachers or class mates. "

Removed

Post 11

Cool Old Guy (ex-SockPuppet) Trying not to post for the next 200 days !

This post has been removed.

Hidden

Post 12

ITIWBS

Programing glitch, Traveler In Time postings (almost) always come up in premoderation, rather than posting directly, so I often don't see them until several days after the initial posting.

I am too slow . . .

Post 13

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

If we were allowed to discuss moderation issues, which we are not, I might be tempted to say that this policy is one of the things destroying this site.

On some other site, in a parallel universe, if some one was to post an objectionable message it would be only right to pre-moderate their posting for a week or two. If they continued to break the rules their posting privilege should be totally removed from the site forever. On the other hand if there are no more offences, the rest of the users should not be punished for months on end.

This is only a hypothetical thought that has nothing to do with this, or any other, actual site.

My only purpose in posting this is to return the subject title to its original form.

smiley - cheers

F smiley - dolphin S

I am too slow . . .

Post 14

ITIWBS

The captcha problem is a serious slowdown in its own right.

I've never thought it really necessary at this site with the yikes! button always close at hand and it complicates rather than simplifying, increasing demands on staff time.

I am too slow . . .

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

I thought the captcha problem was solved a few months ago. I certainly haven't seen a captcha in the last few months.

Key: Complain about this post