This is the Message Centre for Jim Lynn

Wrote h2g2

Post 1

Jim Lynn

Today, I wrote h2g2, the site you are currently looking at.

OK, so I didn't write it all today, and lots of other people helped, but it's mine, I tell you! Mine! 

Wrote h2g2

Post 2

Slacker

If h2g2 is yours, do I still get my Tower?

Tim

Wrote h2g2

Post 3

Mr H

Well my page is mine now, so keep your sql server off it.

Rik

Wrote h2g2

Post 4

Marty De Facto

Excellent Job. If you need any assistant editors, please mail me. I think that once you read my articles you will find I have a great deal in common with the humor of yourself Demi-God Douglas Adams smiley - smiley

Wrote h2g2

Post 5

Bruce

Is the ability to embed html/images in posts th eprovince of TDVers only or can we mere mortals earn enough brownie points to gain this?
;^)#

Wrote h2g2

Post 6

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

Brownie points! What a good idea - only give HTML embedding to people who earn it!

But no, it'll be available to everyone, but we want to make it as easy as possible for everyone, even those people who can't write in HTML.

Keep watching this space.

Jim (from home)

Html

Post 7

Bruce

though it does seem to be open slather on the home pages.
;^)#

Html

Post 8

Jim Lynn

It's a slightly different context - the user pages are larger and can easily cope with users playing. The forum is a place where space is at a premium, so HTML use might not be safe.

We'll review things soon, though.

Html

Post 9

Bruce

err umm - We're from the 'net & we're here to help?? - well it doesnt work for the Tax Department either ;^)#

Though Yoz & Shim seem unusually adept at filtering out/limiting html... cant imagine why they developed that skill...

have fun - nice to see the site back up

Html

Post 10

Digital Led . . ignorance is bliss

You can have it. Countdown is in progress . . .

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jim Lynn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more