This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 1

Bluebottle

Today, every single entry on the second page of Peer Review has been written by me.smiley - biggrin

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 2

Bluebottle

http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/RF1?entry=0&order=lastposted&dir=0?skip=25&show=25

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 3

bobstafford

smiley - cheerssmiley - ale

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 4

Bluebottle

In fact, three fifths of Peer Review entries are written by mesmiley - yikes

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Wow - that is scary but awesome at the same time smiley - applausesmiley - yikes

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This means that other people need to get busy... smiley - winkeye

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 7

Bluebottle

You don't think it means that I should take the hint and stop writing, then?smiley - winkeye

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 8

smiley - rofl Not at all.

I'd work on something new, but smiley - thepost's contributors are keeping me so busy that I'll have to come up for air first. smiley - winkeye And that's a *good* thing, I hasten to add.

So let's smiley - drumroll up some Guide Entries here. Come on, people, you can't all be working that hard...

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 9

Bluebottle

Contributions to smiley - thepost are just like smiley - bus, only much less annoying when you're cycling home.

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 10

smiley - snork

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 11

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - yikes

smiley - applauseI'm too busy to writesmiley - birobecause I am kept busy by sub-editing!smiley - wah

Can we please smiley - drumroll up some sub-editors?smiley - grovel

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - tardis

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - hug GB

Do give me a nudge if you want time to write, as I know it is challenging to find time for everything. I'm working on the goal that <BB< set me of 50 solo entries by the end of this year, but I mustn't neglect the other commitments.

And saying that, I noticed that even though the official counter says 90, I have actually subbed 97 Entries, so my priority goal is getting to the 100 smiley - biggrin

If <BB< fancies subbing another Entry, I see there are a couple in the list that are not ones wot he wrote... smiley - grovel

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 13

Bluebottle

Is that a subtle hint for me to try subediting more than just the one entry?

I'm still not convinced that I'd make a good subeditor as I am the sort of person who would tug on a loose thread and accidentally end up making too many changes. That said, I remember when Lanzababy said I was the 'University Subeditor', which was a surprise to me at the time. I have sometimes thought I could volunteer to subedit entries that are part of a project (even if they come through Peer Review) and try to get the University up and running again.

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 14

bobstafford

Now that's a good ideasmiley - smiley

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 15

Bluebottle

Today 33 out of 44 entries in Peer Review have been written by me – which is 75%. I'm beginning to worry that I shouldn't write anything else until some of the backlog's gone.smiley - erm

If anyone was wondering, of my solo entries, the one I'd most like to see picked would be the one on 'Biggles: The Movie', which I think is a perfect entry to read about in December, and the one I'm least fussed about is probably either 'Caprica' or 'K9'.

Of the Flea Market Rescues, I'd most want to see the one on G'Kar be picked, especially as TowelMaster was one of the first Researchers I got to meet and know, with the entry on Eiffel 65 the rescue I'm least fussed about.

Of course, I'd most want to see the entry on Freedom to be picked as I was hoping to include as many Researchers as possible and show them how easy it is to get things into the Edited Guide - I'd like them to have as positive experience with it as possible.

<BB<

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 16

I'm trying, BB. But I keep getting lost in research...

There's a new movie out about the Free State of Jones. I decided not to go see it, and try to research it instead. smiley - headhurts

And I'm working on a history-and-knitting project...the knitting part is giving my fingers cramps...smiley - rofl

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 17

SashaQ - happysad

Ooo smiley - bigeyes I look forward to reading the history and knitting (which reminds me I keep running out of time to read the knitting in The Post but I must do that after I get home)

I'm trying to write Entries also, but I'm in the midst of the annual metaphorical dinosaur herding competition, so I haven't had chance to do much in the evenings apart from smiley - zzz

I'm sure Biggles will be picked soon, as that Entry will be an asset to the Guide smiley - ok (always good to have Entries with links to Queen in them smiley - winkeye)

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 18

Now, that is something I want pictures for...dinosaur herding...smiley - whistle

My thread broke smiley - wah. So my sister's granddaughter will probably get another dolly hat... (My mistakes are turning into dolly hats...)

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 19

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Are your dolly hats big enough to be preemie hats?

27.5.2016 – Page Boy

Post 20

Ten-eleven inches around?

Key: Complain about this post