This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

Subbing Beatles at the BBC

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hiya BBsmiley - hug

I am subbing your Entry here: A87869993 please remember to subscribesmiley - biro

First query: I can't find a "Vernon Lawence" should it be Vernon Lawrence?

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - musicalnote

Post 2

>>'All I Want for Christmas is a Beatle' sung by Susan Maughin<<

shouldn't that be Susan Maughan?

Post 3

>>producer Peter Philbeam<< (4 mentions)

I can't find him, should it be "producer Peter Pilbeam"?

Post 4

Bluebottle

smiley - dohI'm definitely not doing very well with spellings with this onesmiley - sorry
You're right, it should be LawRence, Maughan and Pilbeam.

smiley - grovelPlease tell me I spelt Lennon, McCartney, Harrison & Starr right?

<BB<

Post 5

Bluebottle

I've checked and at least those names don't appear in the other two entries.

<BB<

Post 6

what, Lennon, McCartney, Harrison & Starr? (smiley - laugh)smiley - run

Post 7

Bluebottle

smiley - sillyLawRence, Maughan and Pilbeam.smiley - tongueout

<BB<

Post 8

smiley - ok

Finished my subbing if you'd like to read through and OK I will return to Eds. Do we have a pending image? Maybe an old stock Beatles photo like A257302 could be used otherwise?

GB

Post 9

Bluebottle

Looks good to me – only one change to make, can you change the year in ' Old Mate' Brian Matthew began his BBC career in 1954 and is still broadcasting his weekly Sounds of the Sixties on Radio 2 today (2015).' to (2016).

Though there isn't a pending image, that photo is very appropriate!

<BB<

Post 10

smiley - dohI noticed that and meant to ask you but never mind, it's fixed now. smiley - biro

If you're happy with that photo, it can jump straight to proof read then onto FP 13th June, as according to the h2g2 calendar: 'The Long and Winding Road', which features on the Beatles' final album Let it Be, becomes the band's last number-one single. (13 June, 1970)
and this entry will be featured that day (I had scheduled Linda McCartney in for the link but this is more appropriate and I can shift Linda to the following week).

Returned to Edssmiley - ok

GB

Post 11

Bluebottle

yep, definitely happy with that photo and that sounds a good plan to me!

<BB<

Post 12

smiley - ta

Post 13

Hiya BB, here's another in this series, A87870018 'On Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2' - the Album, please go subscribesmiley - towel

I've made a start, just a few queries so far:

>>A sequel to Live at the BBC, an album released in 1994, it contains live performances of their greatest hits – including five number ones – as well as a selection of lesser-known songs. <<

smiley - galaxyI think "sequel" is the wrong word there, I'd call a follow-on album a "follow-up" or "subsequent", what do you think? smiley - smiley

smiley - tea

>>I Feel Fine'<< has only one hyphen,
smiley - galaxydoes it require another, or is it a typo?

smiley - tea

>>Paul would later buy Buddy Holly's song publishing from Holly's manager Norman Petty in 1971.<<
smiley - galaxy "song publishing" - smiley - galaxyNot sure what that means, do you mean his entire back catalogue, or one song?

smiley - run off to Mum's nowsmiley - run

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - tardis

Post 14

Bluebottle

I've gotta dash toosmiley - nur

'Follow up' works well.

Yes, 'I Feel Fine' should have two.

Entire back catalogue.

<BB<

Post 15

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! The Beatles at the BBC is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Post 16

smiley - drumrollsmiley - applause (and you own the Front Page too!)smiley - magic

Carrying on subbing:
>>It was one of the few McCartney songs that John Lennon later covered following their split. A duet version with Elton John on 28 November, 1974, at Madison Square Garden that Lennon dedicated to 'an old estranged fianc&eacute; of mine called Paul' was the last song that John performed for a live audience. This was released on the B-side of Elton's 1975 single 'Philadelphia Freedom'. <<

>>was the last song that John performed for a live audience<< <--- I presume you mean John Lennon there, I have changed it to "Lennon" but I think it could be worded better.

How about:
It was one of the few McCartney songs that John Lennon covered following their split. A duet version with Elton John on 28 November, 1974, at Madison Square Garden, was dedicated to 'an old estranged fianc&eacute; of mine called Paul'. The last song that Lennon performed for a live audience, this version was released on the B-side of Elton's 1975 single 'Philadelphia Freedom'.

GB

Post 17

Bluebottle

smiley - wowYay! The front page is looking very exciting this week, if I do say so myself… smiley - winkeye

Your suggestion there looks very good and makes perfect sense to me, so go for it! You don't want to get confused about Elton John Lennon.smiley - weird

<BB<

Post 18

smiley - headhurtsHeaven forbid!smiley - yikes

All done subbingsmiley - biroif you'd like to read it through and ok my changessmiley - coffeeI'll return it to the Edssmiley - wizard

That's an interesting nugget about releasing the album at exactly the right time to extend the copyright of those songs for a further 20 years!smiley - ta

GB

Post 19

Bluebottle

I've read through and it looks good to me - press the button!
Thanks again, we make a good team.

<BB<

Post 20

smiley - okyou're welcome BBsmiley - hug

smiley - magicbutton pressed, see you on the Front Page (again!) smiley - winkeye

GB

Key: Complain about this post