This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

Subbing Disney's Wartime Animation

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Subbing version: A87830472 - don't forget to subscribe!smiley - towel

Hiya <BB< smiley - smiley

"By the time of the Second World War, he accidentally launches himself, rather than a torpedo, at Japanese naval vessels, all of which are portrayed as having buck teeth and glasses."

Is it the naval vessels which have buck teeth and glasses, or the people on them? (Forgive me, I haven't seen any of these animated shorts)

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 2

Bluebottle

Hello GB – thanks for looking after this one. smiley - smiley
I seem to be strangely addicted to 1940s animated shorts - I got my daughter the original Tom & Jerry cartoon collection and we're enjoying watching them together.

It is the ships that have buck teeth and glasses in the animated shorts, we don't actually see anyone on them.

<BB<

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Great, can you read it through then, and I'll return it if you're happy with the subbing smiley - smiley

I also enjoyed watching Tom & Jerry myself, and got to watch them again with my kids (they had been politically-corrected) and a grandson...

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 4

Bluebottle

I've read through and you can press the button!

That's the only trouble with the 'Tom & Jerry', they have had all the lady's lines redubbed, but in such a way that it is painstakingly obvious that they've done it. Oh well...

<BB<

Post 5

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Post 6

Bluebottle

smiley - wowYay!

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more