This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

SQ and BB

Post 621

Bluebottle

Ah yes – she even got a driving licence smiley - smiley

Next time you visit Eastleigh you could always bring a copy of her books and try sitting in exactly the same pose that she's doing – if you can. Even with my so-called hypermobile joints I don't think I can bend my arms that way. I suspect that she must have been part swan if she really did sit like that.

That reminds me that I have to buy some blank DVDs this lunchtime so I can do copies for people. Especially as I want to empty my camera to make room as I'm off on holiday next week. Enjoy the smiley - petunias

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 622

SashaQ - happysad

I did enjoy the smiley - petunias indeed - I won a medal! smiley - boingsmiley - somersaultsmiley - boing I get to be your neighbour in the theoretical palace of penthouses now! smiley - biggrin

That's a good idea about Charlotte's books and the pose - I will try that as well. I think I managed it the other week, but only because my elbow was resting on my bookbag, so it will be interesting to see if it can be done unsupported.

Good luck with emptying your camera ready for your holiday - I hope the DVD recording proceeds smoothly. I don't have to worry about emptying my camera yet, but it is more than half full now so I should try to make sure the pictures are all organised before it gets desperate...

SQ and BB

Post 623

Bluebottle

Congratulations on winning a medalsmiley - applause
Was it for a particular plant, or garden design or flower arrangement?

I managed to get the photos recorded onto DVD in the end, but have since taken a few more of the weekend birthday celebrations. My son and I also went zebra hunting yesterday for a few hours (my daughter wanted to stay at home and play with her toys, but he doesn't like staying home) so we've probably seen about two thirds of the zebras now, although four have been vandalised and have been taken away – hopefully for repair and will return at some point. I'd still like to get to Marwell Zoo and see the zebras they have there.

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 624

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you! It was for winning the whole show smiley - blush - I worked hard for it, as did you for your medals, so a penthouse would be a fitting reward, but the medal is rather nice... The flower arrangement in a cute welly certainly helped towards the points total smiley - ok

That's impressive that you've seen so many zebras already smiley - ok Marwell Zoo looks interesting and I note the zebras will be there until 24 September ...

I've taken your Doctor Who Theme Music Entry to sub - I enjoyed immersing myself in augmented octaves on youtube last night smiley - boingsmiley - weirdsmiley - boing I'll see what I can do to polish the Entry for you and you can see what you think when you're ready smiley - ok

SQ and BB

Post 625

Bluebottle

A HUGE congratulations for winning the show – including for a flower arrangement in a cute welly. smiley - petuniasNow I'm intrigued, especially about the welly – when I was young, the only wellies you could get were either black or green with frog eyes. Nowadays you get to see all sorts of boots, especially if you are at a music festival when you get to see people walking around in that classic combination of bikinis and wellington boots.

Are you thinking of visiting Marwell Zoo? I believe that it is one of the zoos in the national partnership, so if you had an annual pass of Chester Zoo, you can get a free entry into Marwell. See: http://www.chesterzoo.org/support-us/membership/visits-to-other-zoos
I've never been to Chester Zoo, so don't know how far from you it is.
Are you likely to be back in the Southampton area before September?

I'll have to see if I can sneak onto YouTube and look at the video of John Barrowman…

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 626

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you! smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin The welly was an excellent find - just happened to be browsing in a second hand shop and there it was, in perfect colours for a flower arrangement! I presume you saw the photo on your facebook.

As well as that, I did a miniature flower arrangement, which is always fun for me to do, brought pot plants from my house and flowers from my little garden and my dad helped me with the heavy lifting on the allotment so I could also polish potatoes, line up legumes and dress onions smiley - diva

Chester Zoo is quite close to where I live, so that's good for a day out smiley - ok I am indeed thinking of visiting Marwell Zoo while the zebras are still there - I kind of wasn't planning a trip down south again so soon, but there would be plenty to do if I did, so it's tempting... I'll have a look at prices and times and see what I think smiley - biggrin

Have a good week smiley - teasmiley - biggrin

SQ and BB

Post 627

Bluebottle

Ah, so you have an allotment too?smiley - wow Flowers, fruit and veg - you've definitely got greener fingers than me.

Have you seen the film 'Fierce Creatures'? A little bit of that was filmed at Marwell Zoo, although most of it was filmed at a purpose-built zoo set. If you do come back down and it is in September, feel free to let me know!

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 628

SashaQ - happysad

Yes, my parents have very green fingers, so I've dabbled in gardening since a very early age and we're very lucky to have an allotment for the family, as fresh vegetables are amazingly more tasty than shop bought smiley - biggrin

I don't think I have seen Fierce Creatures, although I did kind of enjoy Fish Called Wanda... I'll have to look out for that in the second hand shops smiley - ok

I dunno what's going on in September, but the hotel was fully booked on the first date I selected... I'll have to try again after finding out when my "in-laws" are available, or whether I plan to just do my own thing as well as meet you and other friends if they're not able to meet...

SQ and BB

Post 629

SashaQ - happysad

The new version of the Doctor Who Theme Music Entry is A87875680 - please subscribe!

I've tweaked the augmented octave bit, so I hope that reads OK to you.

I'd be pleased if you could say more about the bit about the Middle Eight. In my sheet music it is 10 bars long, but I see that that is allowed that the 8 is a rough guide to how long it should be. I might have called it a bridge, but I presume that is something that was described in your book. However, I was most confused by the way the text seems to indicate the middle eight is the final section - it isn't, is it, as there is a repeat of the melody to finish off..?

Phew - firefox is awesome sometimes... I was just enjoying another augmented octave-fest while subbing when my computer decided it needed to shut down, but now it's back online again and all my subbing seems to be still there... Right, where was I..?

"Love commissioned Nick Ingman to ghost-write music for these science-fiction albums in exchange for some of Ingman's compositions to be included on the albums"

This sounds a bit odd - Ingman was asked to compose music for the albums, and in return he could compose music for the albums?

Doctorin the TARDIS was a staple of old school discos in my youth smiley - disco although I didn't realise it was based around a Gary Glitter song...

There's also the Nigel Kennedy thing that was mentioned in Peer Review, but I can't tell what that is smiley - headhurts - it sounds to me like a recording of the Doctor Who theme being played while Nigel plays a live violin tune at the same time, so I don't know whether that counts as a different version, or just a use of the theme...

smiley - ok

SQ and BB

Post 630

SashaQ - happysad

Fascinatingly, the hotel is fully booked if you only want to stay one night, but if you want to stay the whole weekend, they'll make space, so I booked it smiley - ok

The trains were also not what I expected, but the journey is only 6 hours long instead of 7 (provided I don't miss any connections) so I booked that as well smiley - ok

SQ and BB

Post 631

Bluebottle

I'm one of the few people who preferred 'Fierce Creatures' to 'A Fish Called Wanda', but then I saw 'Fierce Creatures' first and preferred the story of being set in a zoo.

The augmented octave bit reads okay.smiley - ok

Ah - by saying 'the final section' I didn't mean it was the end bit, more the third of three sections. The actual final section depends on whether the theme's version and whether it is the short opening theme or longer closing theme.

'This sounds a bit odd - Ingman was asked to compose music for the albums, and in return he could compose music for the albums?'
Ingman was asked to arrange music written by other composers and adapt it for the albums and in return was able to include his own compositions on the album too.

'Doctorin' the TARDIS' was definitely a feature growing up, and I must admit I was confused when I heard the original much, much later and wondered where the 'Doctor Who' theme was.smiley - tardissmiley - musicalnotesmiley - huh
'Doctorin' the TARDIS' is definitely far superior!

I don't think we need to mention Nigel Kennedy - just a few examples will suffice, but to mention every single time someone has done a version would be unending.

Just got back to the UK (but not home yet, so don't rob my place!) after a fortnight away, first glance at the internet.smiley - winkeye

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 632

SashaQ - happysad

That was coincidental, that I booked my holiday on the same day as you arrived back online in the UK smiley - laugh I hope you had a good time, and I guess you took a lot of photos.

Ah smiley - eureka I understand the Ingman section now, so I've tweaked it slightly and hope that's OK for you.

"A more electronic version of the theme was created for Matt Smith's Doctor, with Gold creating a new counter-melody he called 'The Chase' and the title including lightning-strike sound effects."

"Gold tweaked the title again for his fifth arrangement"

What's the title here - the end title sequence?

smiley - oksmiley - tardis

SQ and BB

Post 633

Bluebottle

Yep, took over 3,000 photos but haven't had a chance to look through them as yet. I'll be back home on Monday in time for work again on Tuesday.

Ah yes - 'title' means 'theme'.

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 634

Bluebottle

Just updating the Flea Market pages with the Glossop to Hadlow walk, and I see that Metal Chicken is credited as an author. Did Metal Chicken write any of the entry or just contribute the photos?

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 635

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks <BB< smiley - biggrin

Metal Chicken wrote something in the Peer Review thread that the_jon_m included in the Entry before it went into the Flea Market. GB the sub thought adding MC as an author was the best thing to do, but then again Additional Research Credit might be sufficient... Either way, it was me that did the rescue, and MC and the_jon_m worked on the original.

smiley - ok

SQ and BB

Post 636

Bluebottle

Okay, I've added that now. That reminds me; I'll have to do another SuperMarket issue sooner or later too.smiley - ok

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 637

SashaQ - happysad

3000 photos is amazing, but then again it sounds like you did see some excellent sights on your holiday, so I'm not surprised smiley - biggrin

Here are a few photos from my holiday - the Entry was in The Post while you were away A87876355smiley - biggrin

I just noticed your typo "Glossop to Hadlow walk" instead of Bleaklow - fascinating... smiley - bigeyes Is there a place called Hadlow near you too, or have you just heard of it? (Hadlow is a small Wonder of the Wirral as it is the site of one of the rural stations that were closed by Dr Beeching!)

I tweaked the Doctor Who Theme Entry and I'm happy with it now, so if you are too I'll send it on its way smiley - ok

SQ and BB

Post 638

Bluebottle

When I'm holiday I normally take anything in the region of 150-900 photos a day. One day, though, I only took 6. That was the day we spent in the private health clinic trying to get a smiley - doctor to look at my daughter. But though the first four or five days were spent in a hotel room looking after everyone, we did get out and about in the end. I might put some photos on Facebook sometime too – I'll start off with dinosaur pictures in my Dinosaur picture folder (sometimes I like to arrange Facebook photos thematically).

Ooh, I don't know where I got 'Hadlow' from – there's apparently one in Kent, but as far as I know I've not been there…? I wonder why I wrote that – if I can work it out, I'll let you know.

I'm very happy with the Doctor Who Theme entry, so press the button!smiley - ok

<BB<

SQ and BB

Post 639

SashaQ - happysad

I like the dinosaur photos you've posted so far smiley - biggrin

That is really interesting about you not having been to Hadlow and yet strangely knowing it - I'm tempted to write an Entry about it now, but I fear it might be shorter than even the Port Sunlight River Park Entry... I'll see what photos I have of it.

Button pressed on Doctor Who smiley - ok and I'll read your The Lost World Entry next smiley - biggrin

SQ and BB

Post 640

Bluebottle

I'm still sorting through all the photographs taken, so that'll keep me occupied. Even though I am tempted to write about the new/old Beatles Hollywood Bowl album - if I hurry, I can have the entry in Peer Review before the album is (re)released on Friday! Alas, there's never time for everything.

How many episodes of 'The Lost World' did you see in the end? I think they're still showing it at the moment.

Did you have a good weekend? We went shoe shopping with the kids, my daughter has gone up a size and my son has gone up two, which means new school shoes, trainers, wellies and plimsolls for both…

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post