A Conversation for What Can Go Wrong When Firing Military Weapons

Human beings are NOT things [nfm]

Post 1

Codero

Human beings are NOT things [nfm]

Post 2

Crescent

Human beings are things smiley - winkeye Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Firing of military weapons

Post 3

Smudger879n

I have many fond memories of firing many of those weapons mentioned in this aticle while serving in the R.N. In fact on one occasion during my basic training, I was sent to the range to clean some weapons as a punishment. I was delighted to do so as I have always been interested in firearms(but I never told them that!) It was a dream come true for me, which the PO. in charge allowed me to fire as many as I wanted, as long as I cleaned them afterwards. He even allowed me to return later and fire some more!. Some time later our "marine" instructor was amazed when he asked me to stip down and rebuild a bren gun, as I had been staring out of a window at some WRENS and not paying attention? I turned out to be quite a good shot on the range, I enjoyed it!
Smudger.

Post 4

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

If you handed me an M16A1 or an M1911A1 in my sleep, I could field strip them without waking up. If you wanted me to reassemble them, the M1911A1 would fly together like magic, but you'd have to wake me up to convince me that the M16 deserved to resume it's existence intact... smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Who?

That's rather like my view of the SA80.

Post 6

invisibleknight

Not a fan of the L85-a1 then?
I liked it. Beat the hell of out the SLR and much easier to aim an fire.
It's only issue was it didn't have much hit power compared to the SLR.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more