A Conversation for John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4 : Introduction

Finally, the site is being updated...

Post 1

Nick.Grainger (AU)

Yes, finally, John and I are working on an update of the site. It's just a year since John, Marie Christine, Igor Asheshov and I sailed English Rose V1 under Tower Bridge. 11 months and 27,000 miles since leaving Ardmore in July 2003.

I'm sorry the site hasn't been updated since we returned. My fault really. Just other events in life took over. But now I feel ready to do it. John and I are discussing the pages. We'll work steadily through them. Update the story, add pictures. I hope there will be some discussion. What would you like to see or read about the voyage?

John and Marie Christine are fine, still at Ardmore of course. Enjoying retirement and frequent visitors by all accounts. Igor? No news. The last I heard he was training in the catering industry somewhere in south west England. I'm fine, back in Melbourne of course with my family. I've been busy on a big IT project and working in China and Malaysia. Plus of course working on my PhD on expedition communications and the Internet.

Were you connected or influenced by the voyage in some way? Please share your story here.

Thank you everyone for all your support.

Nick Grainger

Post 2

Krister

Hej Nick
Long time NO sea!
Glad to see you're back on the Albatross-page!
We look forward to see some more pictures.
I've told Madeleine she´s got a note from you.
Lovely summer-weather up here on N62 E17
Simma Lugnt, Down Under !!
Krister

Post 3

Nick.Grainger (AU)

Krister,

Great to hear from you. I'm working in China at the moment but will be back in Australia next week and back working on the site I hope. Yes, more pictures is a priority. I have nearly 5000 from the trip.

What about a Krister Nylund page on H2G2? Show us all what you've been up to?

Post 4

Blue Bird

I am looking all over to find you. The "Traveller in time" is not on the list of who's on line?
If you find this message please reply on to my Personal Page, because I can not find things arounbd h2 unless is posted to my Space.
Have something what might interest you. Blue bird smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more